Body Fat Measurements

Is there anywhere in Taiwan to get body fat measured? I know there are many methods for this, so I’m curious if anyone has found a place for any one of the variety of tests.

Short of that, is there anywhere in Taipei to buy calipers? I’ve been cutting a lot of weight and have been tracking my measurements with a tape measure, but I’m worried that I’m getting dangerously close to cutting to much fat and want to have an accurate reading to know how to proceed with nutrition/exercise…it might be time to start eating and lifting more.

Hydrostatic weighing in Chinese is 流體靜力學秤重法 but I haven’t found a place here that does it yet.

Powerhouse International has a body pro style composition scanner that tells you everything under the sun: BMI, BMR, lean body mass, bone density, metabolic age, etc. I used them for a more accurate measure once and it was great.

Check them out: power-house.com.tw/index.asp

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]Hydrostatic weighing in Chinese is 流體靜力學秤重法 but I haven’t found a place here that does it yet.

Powerhouse International has a body pro style composition scanner that tells you everything under the sun: BMI, BMR, lean body mass, bone density, metabolic age, etc. I used them for a more accurate measure once and it was great.

Check them out: power-house.com.tw/index.asp[/quote]

Great, thanks. I will give it a try in a week or two. I’m sure I’m still in a safe place, but I once overtrained and my bodyfat went down below 3%…it was bad. So now I’m a little paranoid and I definitely want to get a more accurate reading to know when to start eating more calories.

The gym in Shilin also has a body composition scanner. That was the one I used. It costs 200NT to use it.