Body temp stickers--what are you doing with your collection?

I

Uh, throwing them away?

Uh, that is so environmentally unsound!

Generations from now, some anthropologist will be rummaging through your personal rubbish heap and comment, “That Tomas was one wasteful git.”

To which his assistant will reply, “No doubt. And he probably had no sense of creativity, either. Look at all these blue, red and green stickers. Why, he surely could have arranged them into a tasteful recreation of a Minoan temple mosaic. It’s no wonder his species vanished.”
:stuck_out_tongue:

Probably. The researcher will probably also see the pile of receipts, condom wrappers, sweaty gym clothes, books, and bank passbooks and conclude that he was a little too busy living life to think about what to do with his “SARS-free” stickers. :smiley:

When is the next Star Trek convention? Who cares?!

Keep them, i.e. don’t change your shirt until it’s all over and be proud of your collection. :wink:

Haven’t seen any of these stickers myself.

But this reminds me of the time I was at a Grateful Dead show back in 1976… this trippy guy was running around with a roll of brightly colored stickers and sticking them on everything and everyone. As he did so, he kept repeating the phrase “dots, dots, everywhere there are dots”.

Those were just plain colored stickers. Nice enough, to be sure… but nothing special. At other shows one summer, I think 1n 1883, I remember a Cosmic Charlie Campaign and people sticking Cosmic Wimpout stickers everywhere. Those Cosmic Wimpout stickers were cool. But the Dead never did play Cosmic Charlie, despite the well organized campaign.

My memory may be a bit fuzzy (was it the

Who’d a thunk it? Jeez Tigerman, you’re wearing extremely well – you don’t look a day over 40! Must be the humid Taiwan air.

[quote=“pangolin”]My memory may be a bit fuzzy (was it the ?6 tour at Laguna Seca?), but something similar to the stickers you describe could do some very strange things to you if you were bold (foolish?) enough to lick one. Next thing you know, you wake up in Taiwan

I saw the Dead several times during and just after my university days (back when even skate punks thought the Dead were cool).

Who’d a thunk it? Jeez Tigerman, you’re wearing extremely well – you don’t look a day over 40! Must be the humid Taiwan air.[/quote]

Ah! Typo! :blush:

In case anyone ain’t figured it out… I should have typed 1983

Otherwise, the phrase, “what a long strange trip its been” would have a really different meaning for me!

Pangolin, thanks for your signature…made my Friday afternoon.

Who’d a thunk it? Jeez Tigerman, you’re wearing extremely well – you don’t look a day over 40! Must be the humid Taiwan air.[/quote]

In case anyone ain’t figured it out… I should have typed 2183

Otherwise, the phrase, “what a long strange trip its been” would have a really different meaning for me![/quote]

Wauw… Can look into the future too!

[quote=“pangolin”]I saw the Dead several times during and just after my university days (back when even skate punks thought the Dead were cool).

In case anyone ain’t figured it out… I should have typed 1983

Otherwise, the phrase, “what a long strange trip its been” would have a really different meaning for me![/quote]
Not to mention that you would have had to have been at a Grateful Undead concert! :shock:

If you get enough of them you could recreate Monet’s Waterlilies with your shirt as a canvas. Personally, I used mine as a bindi so that I didn’t get zapped over and over. One of the people taking temperatures at Warner took one look at it on my forehead, laughed, and shook his head.