Book about local plant/insect life

[quote=“iris”]The Taipei Wild Bird Society, located off Fuxing Sth Road between Da’an and Technology Building has a series of three books, 100 Birds of Taiwan, 31 Frogs of Taiwan and 120 Dragon Flies of Taiwan. The books are in Chinese but the bird and the frog book both have English common names and nice pictures. They also have loads of other books there, so they might be worth a visit if you’re looking for something. They’re really nice, and I think they appreciate the distraction.

HTH
Iris[/quote]

Which side of the road?

They really do appreciate the distraction! :laughing: A year ago we found a dead bird in our yard that we couldn’t identify, so we took it to these people, who were happy to spend almost the entire afternoon helping us identify it (turned out to be some kind of cuckoo thrush not found in Taiwan – who knows where it came from) and they were very friendly and helpful. Leave 'em some cash if you go as well, they don’t get much funding. If you’re lucky you might see some live birds too – people are always bringing them injured wild birds.

Right-hand side, when you walk down from Hsinyi towards Heping.

The address is:
No 3, Lane 160, Fuhsing Sth Road Sec. 2
I might be mistaken but I think it’s the 4th right-turn, the first one after Rui-An. The building is on the right-hand side of the lane at the next corner, diagonally opposite of a small park.

Phone no: 02-23259190

HTH
Iris