Bopomo Song

Hi, I am a Taiwanese girl who have been lived in Taipei.
Just found Forumosa.com and registered as a member.
I would like to share a bopomo song which was sang by a foreigner.
Hope you guys would like it~ :slight_smile:

Meh…
Gao Weili kicks his ass anytime:

For the uninitiated, this is from a series of instructional videos prepared at Shida long time ago, when the walls at the Mandarin Training Center were still clean. Every episode starts with a footage showing windmills in the Netherlands (don’t ask me why), and then builds up from there towards progressively higher levels of cheesiness.

Gao Weili, the main protagonist, an American student of Chinese played by a Hungarian with his voice dubbed over (now supposedly in his mid-40s), has achieved minor celebrity status and even has his fan page on Facebook.

The dance routine is one of the memorable moments in the series. Another one is when one of Weili’s friends, Lin Jianguo, gets drunk on Taiwan Beer and throws up into the toilet, which is depicted in graphic detail, all for the benefit of Chinese learners, of course:

The whole series is full of hilarious scenes such as these. Here are some more videos.

Sorry to hijack the thread like this but it really brought the memories back. :cry:

[quote=“weijoanshih”]Hi, I am a Taiwanese girl who have been lived in Taipei.
Just found Forumosa.com and registered as a member.
I would like to share a bopomo song which was sang by a foreigner.
Hope you guys would like it~ :slight_smile: [/quote]

How we know you are not dude in video pretending to be Taiwan girl, or maybe girlfriend helping promote video?

Welcome to Forumosa.

Ah Gao Weili, get a haircut :slight_smile:.
My teachers never showed us the beer puking episode, darn it.

Yes… the hair. :slight_smile: In at least one scene I remember, he repeatedly tries to comb it back with his hand, only to have it fall on his forehead again and again.

And he really likes to dance:
youtube.com/watch?v=3efxzEodu7o&t=6m56s

It’s a pity we don’t know his actual voice as they overdubbed everything. Even when there was a white girl speaking English, they still replaced the original audio with a Chinglish accent:
youtube.com/watch?v=iLGELXXdcjM&t=5m52s

Yes… the hair. :slight_smile: In at least one scene I remember, he repeatedly tries to comb it back with his hand, only to have it fall on his forehead again and again.

And he really likes to dance:
youtube.com/watch?v=3efxzEodu7o&t=6m56s

It’s a pity we don’t know his actual voice as they overdubbed everything. Even when there was a white girl speaking English, they still replaced the original audio with a Chinglish accent:
youtube.com/watch?v=iLGELXXdcjM&t=5m52s[/quote]
Whoa! I need to show that photo to my hairstylist next time I go to the salon to get my hair did!