Border robots with frickin' lasers on their heads

Well, close enough.

[quote=“Toronto Star”]The South Korean Army has deployed a set of armed-to-kill sentry robots to a guard post on the southern side of the Demilitarized Zone with North Korea, the South Korean news agency reports.

Yonhap quotes the army as saying the robots with [color=#0040FF]a built-in machine gun and grenade launcher[/color] can “detect, warn and provide suppressive fire against intruders.”
[…]
Costing $350,000 each, the robots are a test project that began last month, the Agence France Presse news agency quoted a defence ministry spokesman as saying.

[color=#0000FF]The robots use heat and motion detectors to sense possible threats and alert command centres, Yonhap said. If the command centre cannot identify the source, an operator can order the robot to fire its gun or 40-mm automatic grenade launcher.[/color][/quote]

Yikes. When does Skynet go online?

Pretty understandable, the South Koreans have had issues with the quality and quantity of their soldiers and since they aren’t going to nor even want to contemplate invading North Korea, seems like a better use of their time and money.

And robots are less likely to commit suicide.

Except this one:

Skynet is reality. In Taiwan.

See asseenintaiwan.com/skynet/ :slight_smile:

There was guy in my old gun club who jury rigged this in his home lab. The results were…less than stellar.

I can imagine the regular South Korean soldiers quietly watching the fights on the battlefield on a huge home cinema screen in Seoul while eating pop-corn.

:popcorn:

[quote=“Kawa”]I can imagine the regular South Korean soldiers quietly watching the fights on the battlefield on a huge home cinema screen in Seoul while eating pop-corn.

:popcorn:[/quote]

I imagine 1 korean child sitting at a computer wondering why blizzard changed the graphics so much for Starcraft 3.

:roflmao: