Boss returned taxes!

Hello.

I pay twenty percent tax at the moment and will want to try to claim some back at the end of the tax year (when is this? must I wait till then if leaving Taiwan earlier?), is there a particular form I should require of my employer (i.e. is there a reference number to such forms as in the UK?), will/should this form detail the amount of tax paid paid?

If I am no longer living in Taiwan when I claim this tax back will I have much hope? (assuming I can get some Chinese friends to help with my application)

Thank you for your help.

You have rto go to the tax office to claim it - alternatively, you can get a friend to do it. Call the tax office and ask - they are actually helpful there.

I’ve completed my contract and I’m going home, and I went to the tax office today with the accountant from my school to file for 2002 and 2003.

End result was that I’m getting back a big lump sum for 2002 (that the school will wire to my account back home), but for 2003 I had to pay an additional NT3800 on top of what has already been deducted from my pay.

Why? I really don’t understand why I owe the government money at this point in the year.

Can this be right?

[quote=“Zen”]I’ve completed my contract and going home, and I went to the tax office today with the accountant from my school to file for 2002 and 2003.

End result was that I’m getting back a big lump sum for 2002 (that the school will wire to my account back home)…[/quote]

Zen, ask them to give you cash now… it’ll be more convenient for you and them…

Thanks Tigerman, I’ll ask about doing it that way. Makes sense.