Boss wants to commit tax fraud... I want to file honestly

@Others

What’s your view on the suggestion I gave above?

By the way, overtime is tax free. Can’t you just count some hours as overtime? That’s what most other companies do.

You report the full salary, just call 80% of it base, 20% overtime, and save quite a bit on taxes. Perfectly legal…

2 Likes

You need around 30% down payment when getting a mortgage, how close to that number are you ? If you are years away I wouldn’t worry about underreporting your income as the bank when approving your mortgage will look at the previous few months income. It will not matter what you earned 3 years ago.

Meal allowance is tax free, maximum 2400NTD / month.

1 Like

Great. I hope OP finds this information helpful. IMO they should find more such legal ways in order to sort out their situation.

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Will there be a drop in housing prices?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Will there be a drop in housing prices?

Pay your boss for being so magnanimous as to hire you! :notworthy:

Source please. :slight_smile:

Source please. :slight_smile:

Holiday pay is tax-free when it technically counts as overtime pay (double pay for working on a holiday), up to a certain monthly limit. The source for that is an MOF letter that I can dig up if anyone’s interested. I don’t recall seeing a similar rule for non-holiday overtime.

If 20% of your salary actually is overtime, great. If not… :-1: Remember, you’re in the Legal forum, so behave. :no_no:

Lots of countries don’t pay pensioners overseas. Could be a lot worse!

I could find about meal allowance 2400NTD. It is the Article 88 of the “Guidelines for Examination of Profit-seeking Enterprise Income Tax”. Here is the link

2 Likes

台財稅第16713號

二、公私營事業員工,依勞動基準法第24條規定「延長工作時間之工資」及第32條規定「每月平日延長工作總時數」限度內支領之加班費,可免納所得稅。

勞動基準法

In other words, if you can reasonably demonstrate working hours that exceed 8 hours per day, up to a maximum of 46 hours per month overtime, all overtime hours will be tax free. It’s perfectly legal. With a typical teaching contract, for example, you could easily clock in at 9am, grade papers, write lesson plans, etc., and then begin classes in the evening teaching until 8 or 9pm. A 10 hour day (not including breaks) would be 2 hours overtime, at 1.33x base salary (calculated hourly pro-rata for monthly salaries), tax free.

Do you think Taiwanese stay in the office until 7 or 8pm every day because they just love working so much? It’s for the tax-free overtime, AFAIK.

3 Likes

Excellent! Don’t forget those receipts.

Lovely. Now reconcile that with the typical buxiban teacher’s maximum weekly hours (32). Those hours include anything “teaching related”, which explicitly covers lesson prep. :doh:

The law refers to actual hours worked, not hours written on the contract. An inspector would check timecards, not nominal contractual hours.

But if the hours on the time sheets/cards are above 32/w, that’s also a violation (though not a tax violation) unless there’s a proper explanation for what (non-teaching-related activities) the teacher was doing during all those extra hours.

FIFY

Is there that limit for local teachers too?

FYI
One third of foreign teachers are on APRCs.
Part of teachers are on marriage based ARCs.

I am not sure about the receipts are really needed but our company accountant actually deducts 2400NTD from taxable amount. However I care about lunchs by myself and never provided any receipts.

It’s not. Very few companies pay overtime. It’s for the free biandang, for a monthly bonus and also if you leave at 6 pm you just look bad.

From the link you posted:

:bowing:

That’s why I said typical. :slight_smile:

Btw how do they count the ones who don’t have normal work permits?