Bottle of Bacardi Lemon Rum $239NT at Carrefour

Ring in the New Year with a Bottle of Rum at your side.

I picked one up today from Carrefour, normal large full size bottle for $239NT (thats under $9 Cdn!!) , normal regular price is $550+ NT…jump on this deal and stock up while it lasts…

They also had Becks beer for a very reasonable NT$25/per can at the one in Tienmu. :smiley:

I always wondered what’s the difference between lemon flavored vodka or rum and vodka or rum with an actual twist of lemon. Is it better when they flavor it for you? Does one still add a twist if they flavored it, or is that instead?

They must have overstocked on Beck’s all over the island. I keep seeing it on sale everywhere. Beat the price of 19 NT for a can at the supermarket on Chongde Road in Tainan.

It’s piss, but hey, if you’re budget conscious…

Don’t know, but I DO know that you need to get at least a semi-decent brand – I’ve had that Danish vodka in lemon flavour and it has a horrible very chemical taste.
OTOH, I’ve had mandarin Stoli that was pretty nice, but not NEARLY as nice as the chili Stoli, which is the dog’s bollocks. Haven’t seen it here in ages, although I used to get it in Sogo.

Doh! The central scrrrrutinizer is at it again. That’s mandarin with a small m.

[quote=“mod lang”]They must have overstocked on Beck’s all over the island. I keep seeing it on sale everywhere. Beat the price of 19 NT for a can at the supermarket on Chongde Road in Tainan.

It’s piss, but hey, if you’re budget conscious…[/quote]

Draught Becks isn’t so bad. It’s a ‘beer from cans’ issue; never tastes as good does it? If only they sold Czech Budweiser here rather than that rank American usurper. No I can’t beat NT19, but you may be surprised to know a bottle of that stuff (same volume) goes for about NT60 in supermarkets in Britain.

I was getting Chimay and Duvel for NT29 from a place in Zhonghe the other week but they’ve stopped stocking it now. The locals probably thought it was scooter oil or something.

Webdoctors, which Carrefour did you get that at?

Its the Carrefour across from Nangang Train Station, but I imagine its a chain-wide sale, as I believe the sale is up to Jan 15th., unfortunately its only on their lemon falvoured Bacardi Rum and not their regular as well, but for the price I can’t complain.