Bourbon whiskey and its renaissance

Hey Aqualung,

I am still waiting for the expected delivery date, it may be January or March ( :doh: ). We shall see. The good news is that the agent does not require prepayment, so there is no risk. Just a big box of booze that may be coming in, or not.
:bravo:

can’t beat that!

Drinks.com.tw has a new shipment of 12 year Elijah Craig, as well as 2009 Evan Williams Single Barrel.
:discodance:

Yeah nice price too! Only saw it after I bought a few bottles at Jason’s unfortunately.

So you were the one that cleaned out Jasons? I noticed they were out recently. No worries though, the price difference aint all that much.

Splurge for a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel 2000, it is rather divine, maybe even too much so. It is too smooth!!!

I’ll join in if it’s not too late.

I’ve been helping.

Oh? I deserve a Christams present I think.

they have early times at carrefour for $425.

$300 and change now. good enough for mint juleps, yeah

Kentucky Gentleman Straight Bourbon at Welcome these days.

Still working through my huge stash of 1994 Wild Turkey so it has not tempted me.

I’m seeing some remodeled Welcome stores that have quite an impressive wine & booze selection. As well as some import beers that look good.

Good prices also.

I have found the answer, so much so that I have stopped looking around the city for further suppliers:

There is a place called 八條酒庫 in the lingshen north rd/triangle area. They are a shop that acts as a supplier to the area bars and they have excellent pricing (although a few items were oddly priced). They will even deliver to you house, how cool is that?!? Besides having a superb selection of scotch and japanese whiskey, they have:

The full line of Beam small batch, plus white and black label
JD and friends, Gentleman and Single Barrel
Makers Mark- 800nt
WT 101 8 year- 850nt
Blantons- 1350nt
4 Roses- 550nt
4 Roses Small Batch- 850nt
4 Roses Single Barrel-1400nt

and probably a few more, the ones with prices are the ones I have inquired about. I have seen some prices in town double their prices (Jason’s, I’m looking at you).

Their selection runs the gamut of options, from Barrel strength to 80 proof, high rye to wheaters, Lincoln County Process to 4 Roses scientific vatting, premium to inexpensive. Of course more options would be better, but what they have covers the key bases for bourbon.

Phone number: 2561629
Email: eight_street@hotmail.com

Also, the Early Times that is available at some big box retailers is pretty good, it is export only Straight Bourbon and much more flavorful than the blended US version. It is very sweet up front with a nice fleshy fruit finish.

In addition, some of the Elijah Craig 18 year old bottles at drinks.com.tw were barrelled in 1981-82. This makes them quite old, they have “glass conditioned” for over a decade. I bought a bottle for my bday and found it to be a smoke MONSTER. After a few weeks its settled down and is smoother and quite excellent. If you like the smoke, give it shot. Not peaty like scotch, but more char.

Sounds awesome, thanks.

[quote]
Also, the Early Times that is available at some big box retailers is pretty good, . [/quote]

It is!

Will have to take a look.

[quote=“papercut”]Kentucky Gentleman Straight Bourbon at Welcome these days.

Still working through my huge stash of 1994 Wild Turkey so it has not tempted me.[/quote]

It’s good! Not much selection at Drinks now. I haven’t gotten over to Linsen yet.

Not bourbon but maybe you wont mind a plug for this whisky i am just bout finished with the first bottle with?

got it (a steal on sale) at traders joe for 15 bucks recently. The bradan orach one. Probably all that salmon poo in the water made it the smoooooth scotch it is indeed.

thewhiskyexchange.com/B-40-S … .aspx#more

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“papercut”]Kentucky Gentleman Straight Bourbon at Welcome these days.

Still working through my huge stash of 1994 Wild Turkey so it has not tempted me.[/quote]

It’s good! Not much selection at Drinks now. I haven’t gotten over to Linsen yet.[/quote]

Gotten to like it quite a bit actually. Blows the early times away.

KG tastes like “bourbon” while the early times tastes like bourbon candy that girls will like. Not a bad thing, but different ya know.

Man, if anyone finds any Rye Whiskey in Taiwan (not Canadian, the real Rye) PLEASE let me know. I need some more of that stuff.

BuLaiEn -
Great piece on the Lin drinks.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]BuLaiEn -
Great piece on the Lin drinks.[/quote]

Ha ha, thanks. Oddly enough, quite few people seem to get to my blog for Google searches for ‘Lintini’ and ‘Jeremy Lin Cocktail’ (more than for any other searches), and it was just a little tongue-in-cheek post.