Boxer cooks up some Rice

Well, things are not going as smooth as Bush and his pals had hoped in their bid to get Condoleezza Rice put into place as the new sec. of state.
To her great credit, Boxer has pointed out to the world the inconsistent statements Rice has made concerning that mess in Iraq.

Yet, despite those who may hate Boxer for holding Rice accountable for the s**t that easily flows from Rice’s mouth while she parrots the party line for Bush, the truth is that Rice, by standing shoulder to shoulder with Bush, shares a great deal of the blame for the lives that have and, unfortunately, will be lost in Iraq.

And whether Rice gets put into office or not, and it is most likely she will, the truth is that she still has plenty of blood to clean off of her hands for the mess she has helped to create and sustain in Iraq.

I have to give Boxer and Kerry credit for speaking up for the opposition, but I doubt Rice is going to lose sleep over it and say “Out, damn’d spot!” to herself at night.

Boxer looked like a complete idiot.
Ms Rice answered each question succinctly and with professionalism. Her appearance markedly demonstrated her true professionalism. As opposed to the ineptitude and pursuit of agenda at all costs of Boxer.
Boxer and the dupes she represents not only lost face, they once again presented to the American public why the Democrat party is in such a melt-down.

It is performances like Boxer, Kerry, Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Ted “The Swimmer” Kennedy and others who have caused this implosion and polarization in US politics.

The Democratic party is in need of a complete shake down.
Perhaps, just perhaps, the recent Presidential election will allow the members of this party who maintain the common sense and true alignment with the original intents of the Democratic party to restructure the party and move it away from the radicalism which has come to control it.

The causes for the polarization sure ain’t one-sided.

Tainan Cowboy wrote:

No. No. Tainan Cowboy. What it needs is a shake up. What it has been doing for the past 40 years is shaking down as in honest people by the likes of the Reverend Jesse Jackson (whoops only managed to get that reverend degree despite missing those needed courses through the help of the seminary in question). Good bye Democrats.

Nice to see the Dems have an ex-Klansmen trying to derail the efforts. :smiling_imp:

Pelosi Defends Ex-Klansman’s Assault on Condi

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi found herself on the defensive Thursday morning over the decision by Senate Democrats to put former Ku Klux Klansman, Sen. Robert Byrd, in charge of efforts to derail the confirmation of Secretary of State-nominee Condoleezza Rice.

“I don’t think that whatever Sen. Byrd is doing has anything to do with his sad past,” Pelosi told WWRL radio hosts Steve Malzberg and Karen Hunter.

Instead, said the San Francisco Democrat, the one-time Grand Kleagel was acting out of concern that the advise and consent role of the Senate in presidential appointments was being overlooked.

In a move that was seen by many as an insult to the first black woman ever appointed Secretary of State, Sen. Byrd announced his decision to hold up her confirmation late Wednesday, saying it needed more debate before the full Senate.

Rep. Pelosi insisted that Byrd’s extraordinary move had nothing to do with his long history of public racism, but was instead a reflection of his opposition to the Iraq war.

“They’re confirming a Secretary of State in a time of war. [Byrd’s] views on the war and his opposition to it are well known,” she said.

As recently as 2001, the West Virginia Democrat was forced to apologize after blurting out during a nationally televised interview, “There are white nrs, I’ve seen a lot of white nrs in my time. I’m going to use that word.”

In 1972, Byrd pushed to have the Senate’s main office building named after Dixiecrat Sen. Richard Russell - a leading opponent of anti-lynching legislation who Byrd called “my mentor.”

Byrd filibustered the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act for 14 straight hours.

Three years after he said he’d left his white-sheeted brethren behind, he wrote to Georgia’s Grand Imperial Wizard urging: “The Klan is needed today as never before.”

Sen. Byrd was also a fierce opponent of desegregating the military, complaining in one letter .“I should rather die a thousand times and see old glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again than see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen of the wilds.”

The Economist was also harsh in its treatment of the Democrats. Its pertinent question is a very relevant one: When is the last time you heard an idea from any of these people?

And we’re [i]still[/i] waiting for Kerry’s secret plan…

Where is Kerry’s secret plan? Why won’t he give it to the American people? Was he lying? Was he attempting to mislead the American people? If he refuses to give it to us, is he a traitor for not sharing in some secret that will help us win the war in Iraq? I want to know. I demand to know. When do we get this secret plan!!! :unamused: :unamused: No wonder he lost the election…

John Kerry…ahhh yes…Christmas in Cambodia…such a touching story…

What in the world are some of you folks going on about? Boxer bluntly asked Rice to clarify the inconsistent statements she made concerning the reasons America decided to invade Iraq, and Rice simply bypassed the questions and offered nothing in the way of a reasonable explanation.

The fact that Barbara Boxer is not in the same party as Rice does not at all prove that her questions to Rice were biased, as some of you fine people seem to believe. Boxer was simply looking for honest answers to honest questions, which is what everyohe should expect from our elected officials irrespective of what party the person belongs to.

For anyone who is interested, I have included the site which has the transcript between Boxer and Rice:
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … type=print

BTW, why are so many of you fine people here apparently unable to stick to the issue raised? This thread was about Boxer’s questions to Rice and had nothing at all to do with Byrd and the KKK. (Was that really so hard to figure out? Actually all you had to do was simply look at the title of the thread. :smiley: ).

now poor little boxer is claiming that she was the real victim in the hearings and was attacked by rice. lol. even as she is bemoaning her victimization at the hands of rice, she is STILL launching personal attacks on rice.

did you read the transcript, cableguy? boxer spent the first 2000 words criticizing rice. you’d think someone asking questions would actually give the other person a chance to answer them. rice actually had to interrupt to get a word in edgewise. rice came across much better than crazy barbara in this exchange.

What is Boxer’s plan for anything? What does she want to do about Iraq? Does she believe that Saddam was not a problem? not a threat? What would she like to do about Afghanistan? Pakistan? Saudi Arabia? democratizing the Middle East? Is al Qaeda a problem or do we need to understand the root causes? What does she want to do about domestic matters? privatize social security? nationalize health care? what? Does anyone know?