Boyfriend is moving to Taipei

He is a Japanese has been working in Singapore for few years, recently his company going to post him to Taipei. We discussed, and agreed I will try to apply job in Taiwan and follow him there.
I have come out to my parent and they are very supportive of our relationship. You definitely would agree with me it is difficult to get a partner that can get along very well in our life, not to mention a gay partner, therefore I never think of giving up on this relationship.

Have been trying sending out CV to apply many jobs, but I didn’t a any response. I’m in IT line, doing system support for years. I want to know if there is any recruitment agency that I can work in to meet them so that they help me with job finding. Or any of you know any company is hiring?

I can speak few languages; English, Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Min Nan Yu, Cantonese, I believe I am able to do customer service job which requires language skills.

Hear from you.

Sincerely.

I think you can probably find work in Taipei eventually. But you need to come to Taiwan. Employers will usually only hire a foreigner if the foreigner is here in Taiwan.I don’t know of a recruitment agency and I doubt that one can help you very much. I really do think you will find a job here if you do decide to come. Good luck!

[quote=“horacekang”]He is a Japanese has been working in Singapore for few years, recently his company going to post him to Taipei. We discussed, and agreed I will try to apply job in Taiwan and follow him there.
I have come out to my parent and they are very supportive of our relationship. You definitely would agree with me it is difficult to get a partner that can get along very well in our life, not to mention a gay partner, therefore I never think of giving up on this relationship.

Have been trying sending out CV to apply many jobs, but I didn’t a any response. I’m in IT line, doing system support for years. I want to know if there is any recruitment agency that I can work in to meet them so that they help me with job finding. Or any of you know any company is hiring?

I can speak few languages; English, Chinese, Bahasa Indonesia, Min Nan Yu, Cantonese, I believe I am able to do customer service job which requires language skills.

Hear from you.

Sincerely.[/quote]

Hi Feiren,

Thank for the advice. Yes, I’ve really made up my mind to go over, the problem here is I can’t stay long as the visit pass is only valid for a month and I have to leave before it expires. Not too sure if Taiwan has something similar to Singapore for those qualified job seeker to apply for a 6-months visit pass to look for employment. Anyone if there is anything like this in Taiwan?

Thank you.

Horace

This is not the right forum for these questions. Please check out the discussions in the legal forum:http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=67 and the Working forum:http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewforum.php?f=181

Hi, thank you for reminding, kindly remove if this is violation.

Horace