Bracknell, Berkshire, England

But wouldn’t the English flag (vs. the British flag) be St. George’s Cross, while the UK flag is the Union Jack (English laying on Scottish)?
That’s bait for the wee Scotsman.

Mebbe. They have it now?

They have a Shetland flag, as clearly, Celtic partisanship is ‘OK’. And loads of stupid flags for cities and multiple flags for some countries, but none for liddle old England.

I resent the Union Jack, because it exists under the assumption that Wales is a conquered territory, and that England wanted a ‘union’ with Scotland. Freeeeeedom! Angles UP! Wælṡ GO! :fume:

Anyway, off-topic, maunaloa! :popcorn:

Oh yeah.

I do the occasional translation job for an agency in Bracknell. It’s on the London Road. You could go in there and tell them you heard on an internet forum that there’s this Canadian guy who subcontracts work from them.

Might be fun. I once met a woman who played cello in Budapest in 1956. There’s no telling the connections you can make.

:ponder: I don’t quite know how to respond to this…I think its what we call a non-sequitur.

I once failed to achieve orgasm in Budapest.

Did the young village boy still demand payment?

ZING!!!

Friday bitches!

we love it!!!

:ponder: I don’t quite know how to respond to this…I think its what we call a non-sequitur.[/quote]
Listen you, I joined the flob almost two months before you did, so I think my seniority means I should not be subject to any sort of slight, perceived or otherwise.

EDIT: Holy heck, I just looked at your profile: You’re 43, a translator, and like cycling. I’m 43, a translator, and like cycling.

Is this reality, or am I having one of those dreams again? I hope it’s not the one where Gorbachev is eating an ice cream on a unicycle in a wheat field in Saskatchewan. That one always ends badly.

:ponder: I don’t quite know how to respond to this…I think its what we call a non-sequitur.[/quote]
Listen you, I joined the flob almost two months before you did, so I think my seniority means I should not be subject to any sort of slight, perceived or otherwise.

EDIT: Holy heck, I just looked at your profile: You’re 43, a translator, and like cycling. I’m 43, a translator, and like cycling.

Is this reality, or am I having one of those dreams again? I hope it’s not the one where Gorbachev is eating an ice cream on a unicycle in a wheat field in Saskatchewan. That one always ends badly.[/quote]

Let us meet in Budapest; you bring a violin, I’ll bring a viola, get the girl with the cello out, Sandman you’re on the double bass sorry but we’ll make sure you hit a home run this time.

actually I joined flob way before that date in my profile; system lost the original date for some reason.

Londoners, prepare yourself. Travel agent just told me I’ve got a full day after my work is done to check out London.

If TomHill and I met up and became friends, would the fabric of the universe split?

[quote=“TheLostSwede”].

The “town centre” is littered with single teenage mums pushing prams next the their (single) mums who are also pushing a pram.

[/quote]

And how is that different than any other place in England outside of nicer London districts? :laughing: :laughing:

Uhm, that there are more of them in Bracknell? :smiley:

[quote=“Tomas”]
If TomHill and I met up and became friends, would the fabric of the universe split?[/quote]

Hell freezing over at the same time should seal the split.

You are welcome, for the free advice, by the way. :smiley:

No way!

The OP is just wanting to get advice on Bracknell, not listen to your sexual failures. I fail to see the relevance.

(That is for yesterday! :raspberry: )

[quote=“Tomas”]Londoners, prepare yourself. Travel agent just told me I’ve got a full day after my work is done to check out London.

If TomHill and I met up and became friends, would the fabric of the universe split?[/quote]

Yes!

Now thats cleared up lets understand Tom is my friend - MINE and I won’t share!

Bracknell is pronounced “feck of you fecking southerners”
Berkshire is pronounced “oh just feck off”

Just tell everyone in a loud voice you are from AMERICA and that you love their small roads, houses, refrigerators etc - we find it all very endearing

I suggest you eat hamburgers and drink Budweiser - its safest

Now thats all out of the way: -
There is a shopping centre an you can buy stuff in Bracknell, so no need to go to London
1 day in London is not worth doing - its like New York but more spread out
Don’t Tip ANYONE - are you listening - don’t even be tempted you won’t know how, you’ll over do it and one of our working class chavs will retire on what you think is appropriate
Our cars have gear sticks (stick shifts) so you won’t be able to drive - forget it
Our women are VERY unpleasant get your greasy mits off -especially my mum and sister thankyou - they are horrid
Slough is awesome - its where MARS the Candy Bar comes from - definitely check it out

And a real one
Taxis are outrageously expensive do not get one from the airport to anywhere seriously.

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]

Now thats cleared up lets understand Tom is my friend - MINE and I won’t share! [/quote]

Says the man who sneaks in and out of Charlton without so much as a phone call. :cry:

Worst quote ever. London is beautiful, vibrant and vast. Get stuck in.

And none of your southern bashing, missy B, I know your fingers are hovering…

Alright go - but you’ll get knifed

Yes, but the guy doing it will do so with a smile, and say ‘I’m very sorry,’ afterwards.

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“Edgar Allen”]

Now thats cleared up lets understand Tom is my friend - MINE and I won’t share! [/quote]

Says the man who sneaks in and out of Charlton without so much as a phone call. :cry:

Worst quote ever. London is beautiful, vibrant and vast. Get stuck in.

And none of your southern bashing, missy B, I know your fingers are hovering…[/quote]

I’ve had some good times in London. And you lot have to live somewhere!

EA, TomHill is MY friend, so poos to you.