Brazilian JiuJitsu - The gayest sport?

What are your thoughts on Brazilian Jiujitsu? I heard comments that BJJ is the gayest sport there is. How effective is it?

If you see someone charging at your legs and try to bring you down, can’t you just give a swift hard kick to the guy’s head?

I think BJJ is no match for Jeet Kune Do or Hapmudo. Bruce Lee would beat a BJJ fighter hands down.

Ever tried that?

Your troll powers are lacking.

[quote=“reztrop”]What are your thoughts on Brazilian Jiujitsu? I heard comments that BJJ is the gayest sport there is. How effective is it?

If you see someone charging at your legs and try to bring you down, can’t you just give a swift hard kick to the guy’s head?

I think BJJ is no match for Jeet Kune Do or Hapmudo. Bruce Lee would beat a BJJ fighter hands down.[/quote]

IMO BJJ is the bomb. Out of all the sports I’ve done, I loved loved doing BJJ. It’s very effective as it’s hard to for Jeet Kune Do when you’re flat on your back immobilized. Some of the other practitioners who have been doing it long than me, can answer your question about getting kicked in the head. But what I learned, it’s hard to kick someone, when both legs are bound by the opponent’s arms.

Stray Dog, Scott, Miltownkid, Monster, Cannabis, whatcha all gotta say?

That French thing is worse. Ultimate jumping about. Ooh look, I back flipped into a lift. Now I am doing a cartwheel over a mini cooper parked in front of the pictures. Kicking some chappie in the goolies is hardly a sport, old bean.

Proper English supplied by Geezer Hill.

That’s true.

What about Krav Maga? I heard that KM is more effective in real life-threatening situations because it involves both groundfighting/grappling and standup fighting, especially against multiple opponents.

If you are male and turned on by having physical contact with sweaty men- then you might think it is gay.

I used to kick people in the head professionally about 10-15 years ago and i can attest that dealing with takedowns is much more complicated than that. If you are really sharp and have practiced against someone who is really trying to take you down- you might be able to catch them with a knee on the way in- but its much harder than you imagine.

BJJ isn’t the be all and end all of fighting- thats been done to death already…but if you are one on one against the average BJJ guy with 1 year of training, and you don’t know how to deal with takedowns- no matter your striking ability, you are fuckd.

I haven’t done BJJ, but it certainly looks the business. I have done a fair bit of JKD though and all I have to say is that those of you who know fuck all about it really shouldn’t be commenting on it.

I suspect masters of both respect each other greatly. In fact many would study and incorporate aspects of both.

Anyway, why am I even bothering to post? This thread is obviously reeking of trollness.

Beat me to it. I was gonna say that it could be classed as gay insomuch as you’re fucked if you get taken to the ground. :smiley:

Meet the man who beat Kimbo:

I figured these pics belonged in here. :laughing:

The prosecution rests.