Brazilian Samba and Bossa Nova performances at The Mall

The Brazil Business Center in Taipei is sponsoring a mini-exhibition of Brazilian products at the The Mall (Far Eastern Hotel) from July 1st to July 6th.
During the exhibition there will be Samba dance (with real brazilian dancers!) and Bossa Nova music performances.
Venue: Far Eastern Hotel. Dun-Hua South Rd, Sec. 2, No. 203, 3rd floor.

Samba performances:
07/01 - 14:00h
07/02 ~ 07/04 - 14:00h & 17:00h

Bossa Nova music performances (by ‘Bossarela’ Group):
07/01 - 15:00h
07/03 - 17:30h
07/04 - 18:30h

Cool, I like Bossa Nova. Will try and check it out…bump this thread closer to the date la. :slight_smile:

There’s a Brazilian Business Center in Taipei? What do they do exactly?

I spent a few months in Brazil and thought it was the most amazing country in South America. Looking to head back there. Can the center help me?

I may have to take a peek at this event.

[quote=“Bolo”]There’s a Brazilian Business Center in Taipei? What do they do exactly?

I spent a few months in Brazil and thought it was the most amazing country in South America. Looking to head back there. Can the center help me?

I may have to take a peek at this event.[/quote]

Mee tooo., is the center connected with the Brazil trade/cultural/visa office in Taipei or is it independent from the government?

I went to this on Friday. Saw about 10 stalls in a circle with Brazilian motifs, selling Brazilian products like cheese, soda, sandals, CDs, etc. Talked to a lot of the people at the stalls and asked them if they had ever been to Brazil. Of the 5 people I talked to, none of them had… :frowning: Seems like they mostly handle the importing and don’t actually go to the country. I wanted to be able to work for their company and be able to go to Brazil all the time but it looks like that won’t be happening. But at least I got a few Brazil postcards and free food.

Saw the Samba performance. It was really fun. I wasn’t too sure what to expect with Taiwan Samba but the girls came out all dressed up and shaking.

Overall, it was an alright experience. Would eat the cheese and drink the wine again.