Break Up

The faith community? I doubt it. It’s more likely the people you hang around are nosy and getting on your nerves.

Right. I don’t mean to single out the faith community. There are people in the faith community who are just as bad, but there are others I know who are not in the faith
community who are worse. My cousin in Florida always annoyed me about this and I have decided to not talk to him anymore about my personal relationship with that woman I had. And if he finds out that I broke up with her, I don’t know what his reaction will be. So it’s best I don’t talk with him. I had personal conversations with one woman I know in Montreal, and she was just frustrated over the fact that I have given up on relationships. I can go on about this but the issue is I am fed up with people’s toxic positivity. They need to learn to accept how I am, if relationships are unsustainable for me, don’t insist on me having a girlfriend or a wife. I just run around from one woman to another, and I will be honest about that. My late uncle had that trait of running around from one woman to another and so is my cousin, and this same trait is in me. But I can live with it, and if people cannot accept me for being this way, then the hell with them.

So you date, but you don’t commit. Nothing wrong with that. But what do you do on your dates? Dating to get to know someone is one thing. Dating just to get laid is another.

From other posts you have written, you say you’re a Christian. Well, if you are a bible believing Christian, then you should already know what the bible says about fornication. To be clear, I am not judging you as it is not my place to do so. I am only cautioning you to remember what the bible says. You can’t pick and choose the convenient parts of the faith to believe.

I have seen people from Florida on TV so I understand what you are dealing with. Maybe he will be more compassionate if you tell him she broke up with you?

Hang on a moment…this is not an old jazz tune. I googled it and the only result was some guy called Kingdomparadise on some weird website in Thailand or somewhere…

4 Likes

I was talking about this.

Eventually it does say in the Bible that it is better to be alone than to be in bad company.

Have a nice day!

:grinning:

5 Likes

Dammit @Dr_Milker! Stop with the toxic positivity already! :laughing:

@Kingdomparadise did you mean toxic negativity? I’ve never heard of toxic positivity.

@Kingdomparadise is a man who chooses his words (and wardrobe) very carefully. I have full confidence that he meant exactly what he wrote.

3 Likes

But apparently not his women.

3 Likes

To be fair, this seems like a pretty common problem for men in general.

1 Like

Toxic positivity is insincere positivity. People use it to ignore suffering, supposedly.

2 Likes

i learned something new! thanks!

1 Like

I disagree. There are a good number of people who are sincere in their toxic positivity. You must know a few annoyingly cheerful people, right?

IMO they’re mentally ill.

1 Like

Ergo, they aren’t being insincere.

1 Like

So clowns would fall under this category? And what about Mickey Mouse? :laughing:

Excuse me?

The relentlessly cheerful and upbeat guys who get my goat are motivational speakers. I bet they’re all miserable and nihilistic in secret.