Breakfast

Ten monkeys were jumping on the bed, they all fell off but nothing happened to their heads.

Please direct me to some posts in which I have done as you suggest that I do.

The fact is that I don’t defend buxibans per se. Equally though I don’t buy into the suggestion that people such as yourself make that buxibans are set up to rip off foreigners.

If you really feel that they are so corrupt then why do stay here? I assume that you are working in a buxiban now. Surely if you choose to work within the system you should either accept it, or do something concrete to create change. Your whinges on forums such as this suggest that you will do neither of the above, hence my suggestion that it may be best for you if you headed home!

I saw a few blue lights flashing.

The slow penguin moves east with the spring rain.

Yes.

Yellow is the feeling of enernity. I could go on but you’ve covered it well enough. Ok thanks for the info I’ll see you back in Iran.

Thank you for your point of view.

I can’t believe that you dredged this old thread back up again.

He may have only made 11 posts to your 73 posts, but I can honestly say that any single one of his posts adds up to more than the value of all of yours put together. Just look at the word count and you will get an idea of what I mean! Who really cares how many posts someone has made anyway?

So, are you going to try to be even a little bit informative this time around. Who is going to get it? What is going to happen? Or is this just more of your talk that is not followed up?

Keith:

I mean you the utmost respect, but, even being in the USA, I have read enough posts to have some idea of what you are dealing with. Under what terms did you leave your previous job?

If you left on good standing with your former boss, then clearly this is something odd. However, you talk about your former boss like she is some kind of vulture. Has she sued you? Has she received a ‘judgment’ that your new employer is paying to her directly out of your salary?

If this is not the case, I apologize for bringing it up. But this might be one reason why she would be ‘magically’ receiving money…

:offtopic: To get back on topic:

[quote=“P.F. Sloane and Steve Barri”]
Swingin’ on the Riviera one day
And then layin’ in a Bombay alley next day.[/quote]–“Secret Agent Man” (sung by Johnny Rivers)

So whether it’s in Hsinchu, Bombay, Kaohsiung, the Riviera, or Taipei, being a secret agent is fun but challenging.

Technically speaking, Sandman is correct. Sandman’s analysis clearly conforms to the provisions of the Employment Services Act and the Immigration Law.

[quote=“keiththehessite”]I’m not talking about the sponsor, I’m talking about the person who did the actual application . Do you understand?[/quote] Well, looking again at the Immigration Law and its subsidiary regulations, if a person is acting as an “agent” to get an ARC for someone else, they have to be licensed and working for a registered Immigration Company.

If not, then the Police are violating the law by allowing that person to process your ARC.

As pointed out in this thread however, normally the ARC is applied for directly by the foreigner.

OK.

After reading your post I think I might be dealing with the same agent as you, on the corner of Dongda and whatsitsname, seventh floor etc… :s
Am I getting warmer?

Don’t work for an agent.

Reading through this resurrected old thread I see two points:

1. I think there are two kinds of agents being talked about. One is the kind of agent who is an intermediary placing teachers with schools. The other is a person who fills out a form on behalf of someone else. (At the bottom of the form there is a place for them to sign.)

2. You don’t want the previous agent you worked with, who was the first kind of agent, to act as the second kind of agent on your behalf. You don’t want her to be benefitted by your employ with a school by performing services for the school you work with-- even in the capacity of just filling out forms. You make a moral choice to have nothing to do with such a person.

Assuming I’m right on both counts, you wanted to be certain that the person your school was using was not the same person you had a bad experience with. In that case, maybe you can go to the Foreign Affairs police department and ask them if they have that form on file. You can say you think there may have been an error and you want to check.

Most likely, though, your school would not want to have involved itself with an agent not in their direct employ. So I find it highly unlikely it would be the same person.

Non sequitur

Too true. I know who ur talking about. I deal with “them” too. Had some really messed up issues.
For some reason my phychological evaluation of the people involved is yielding no results! What is wrong with these ppl?!?

Maybe.

Sorry, didn’t read entire thread so forgive me if I’m covering old ground.

If someone goes in instead of you and gets your ARC they are in fact an “agent” for you. This is the term used on the forms, “Agent’s signature”. That could be your boss, your wife, your friend or “gasp, horror” an agent in the terms you are meaning here.

Many schools will get someone to help them get an ARC because it really helps if you know the ropes. This person is an “agent” in the broadest terms, whether it be a friend, other school, etc.

The kind of agent you are talking about is one who gets involved in bringing teacher and schools together. These may also do the just the ARC thing without being invovled in the teacher/school contract. There would be a fee involved.

Some Agents are totally unscrupulous. I had two friends ripped off by the same lady, one to the tune of $90,000 NT (she kept holding off giving him his wages until she didn’t have to anymore. All the better if you are working illegally because you can’t go to the police.)

The other friend lost $50,000NT (his first months wages) because the agent, sho had his first months salary, said the school broke the contract, by giving the teacher his 2nd months pay directly, and so the agent just refuse to hand the money over saying that the school had broken the contract.

(I was later told by a Chinese friend that they had seen her on the news. Arrested!! Forging documents I think.)

Lesson:If your school or agent is late in paying your wages REFUSE to teach until you get it. If it means you miss classes you could inform the students as to why you are not teaching. Let the parents know and live with the hell that will likely follow from having crossed the school/agent. If it actually comes to this it seems like changing employers would be a good move. (just a suggestion)

Some agents charge the school a “finders fee” and then alos take a cut from the teacher. This is usually agreed to up front.

How on earth does a teacher get 40% of their salary deducted without noticig it???

Word of caution is that the Chinese contract is the one that will stand, no the English one. Might pay to get a Chinese friend with good English skill to read both.

If you are getting paid what you agreed to get paid, what’s all the fussing about!!

No.

I have lived in Hsinchu for two years now and I have no clue what you’re talking about. I found this whole thread to useless. Get to the point, or at least make a point.