Brexit

I think you aren’t listening. I believe in Ireland for the Irish, of all types. Equality .
You can also call me out as I haven’t lived there for decades either. :sunglasses:

When you are taking about internment or violence, really that’s a route you don’t want to go down…

Look back to the days of Cromwell…Was particularly nasty stuff.

Ohh them Dubs and their sticky fingers :rofl:

For the record my liking of your post was for the second half of it, not the first. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ulster is a nice place, how much cash you looking for exactly ?

A,man like Cromwell is what we need right now:sunglasses:

I don’t think you’d be moving back somehow.

My colleague told me she estimates the UK will have a 15 year recession. She is concerned about her kids future. She is right to be as earnings and opportunities will be reduced for many years. Political instability and budget pressure will impact ability to provide services or invest in infrastructure.

its basic demographics the Catholics out breed the protestants. Anyway I don’t wish to get into a sectarian debate with you as this was meant to be about the EU not the ethnic cleansing of the Anglo Irish

Anglo Irish are still in Ireland, some of them still live on massive estates. I went to college with plenty of them.

Honestly though I think that Brexit is a disaster, and a manifestation of some problems of the current time.

I dont want to see the EU or the UK fall apart. It was all fine. But actually no it wasnt. there was some social divisions of the economic variety that has lead to this. UK can do better for its working class basically. I like this video, gives a good impression of where leave came from.

1 Like

Well Dublin was the center of British Ireland. Rathmines then. hmmm…:wink:

You don’t have to be a British citizen to sign the petition. It’s total bullshit.

1 Like

You should eat Polish beef in your beloved Austria. :popcorn:

The fact that Teresa May puts the same deal for a vote for the now coming soon 4th time, but a second referendum is soo undemocratic, that’s BS made in the UK.

1 Like

Yeah or not calling a general election. It is bullshit.

Now the positions are clear. Put it to the people.

Will of the people must be heard !!

1 Like

The votes on the deal are bullshit indeed, but a second referendum is even more stupid.

According to polls, Tories would likely win again in the next general election so what difference does it make?

You keep saying that, but the truth is a second referendum doesn’t have widespread support at all. According to a recent poll, half of the people don’t want a second referendum.

2 Likes

The irony of that statement is not lost on me

3 Likes

“All are equal but some more equal than others”. Reminds me of that line from Animal Farm.

1 Like

Let me repeat again then.

Yep it’s in your system of government. Monarchy and House of Lords. Aristocrats owning a third of the land.
It’s very

1 Like

She should have a referendum on the three options on the table.
Hard brexit
The deal
No brexit.
Or the dictatorship EU should have made it obligatory for the extension she got yesterday.

1 Like

Sigh , we did. Parliament also voted to enact Article 50. The reason May can’t get her "deal " through is that fails to deliver what was promised . in addition 70% of MP’s wish to remain …whatever their constituents voted.
Hence we have a stalemate.

1 Like