Brexit

Actually a lot of Brits think that no deal means no brexit at all. The dumbness is astounding

https://twitter.com/Geoelte_Spinne/status/1098628076169318400

1 Like

So people have apparently proposed Northern Ireland as some special region in the EU-UK border: checks in the Irish sea etc. “they stole my identity’. But no-one seems to be talking about Republic of Ireland as that grey area special region. Is the ROI identity that precious? Why expect other people to do what you wont do? (not you personally)

For the record I see the UK leaving the EU, sorting its shit out, and moving back in about 2030 to party sounds like very gay eurovision songs

1 Like

Which explains why you shouldn’t have had a referendum on such important matters in the first place.
Now all the smart people living in London have to live wit what the dumbfucks have done.
Good luck and hurry up with everything .
Brexit
EU falling appart
WW3
If you could do this all on steroids you might have finished just in time for my retirement!

Yeah, referendum is generally a very bad idea. People should know this by now.

Eh?
The republic of Ireland is a sovereign state.
We aren’t any grey area what you on about ?

The UK can fuck off out of the EU if it wants but it signed the good Friday agreement and that is supposed to mean something.

Plus Northern Ireland voted to STAY in the EU!

Oxymoron of the week :grinning:

Yes , not doing what you say you promise is , indeed , dumb.

1 Like

Passport say Ireland, constitution says Ireland.

Ireland is Ireland

Take a look at a map

Are your trying to suggest Ireland should join with the UK ?

Not a chance.

Brexit is UK business but the border needs to be dealt with as per good Friday agreement. Since the UK Tory Govt singularly ignored it with the connivance of the DUP…Backstop.

Nobody actually wants to force the UK to the remain in the EU.

No my point was that ROI of Air-ah should take a hit and be the grey area transition zone type space. As opposed to expecting NI to be it.

Don’t you think we should re-think that ? Things change you know .It was only a Referendum anyway

1 Like

No grey zone for ROI. Northern Ireland is a grey zone already. Just leave it as is and most would have been perfectly happy. DUP are not government of NI.

These politicans are multitasking and have totally forgotten about that.

Comedy now ? :wink: Bravo .

DUP always wanted to destroy the GFA, they are doing exactly as planned. Rest of us Irish aren’t stupid.

Seriously…They don’t .
The UK has yet to ratify the deal that’s available.
It can also leave on a no deal brexit next week and nobody could do anything to stop it.
Really ball is in UK govt court. They have to make a decision.

There are 27 other countries but decision is UKs alone. The deal is the deal, sitting on the table. Debate is done.

That’s a binding international agreement. I didn’t see any further referendum or vote to break it did you ?

The agreement was approved by voters across the island of Ireland in two referendums held on 22 May 1998. In Northern Ireland, voters were asked in the 1998 Northern Ireland Good Friday Agreement referendum whether they supported the multi-party agreement. In the Republic of Ireland, voters were asked whether they would allow the state to sign the agreement and allow necessary constitutional changes (Nineteenth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland) to facilitate it. The people of both jurisdictions needed to approve the agreement in order to give effect to

Article 50 is a binding agreement , or supposed to be . You are applying your own rules , depending on whether you agree with the results? You can not be that selective in arguing a position , surely ?

Parliament did exactly that

If “Ireland” has expectations about blurring sovereignty it should give some. It’s not a one way there.

I mean non British actors.

This is a British decision.