Brexit

I agree on that, and yes I knew there are parts of Ireland that the Celts or close to them can be found but not many. I think we both have some inner conflicts going on lol
Anyway good luck to you. I don’t have much more to say until another major Brexit related link happens. I think May will be pushed out and I can’t stand that little weasle Gove , I prefer Jacob Rees Mog.

Hehe …yes , many people, they just need another 12 million or so
We could sign it , do you need a Post-code to borrow @Brianjones ?

1 Like

What incredibly bad timing ! Hungary , Orban was perhaps waiting to throw a spanner in the Brexit extension, but they were suspended from all voting in the EU, as a punishment for various things …wink. Sheesh, just before the vote .

1 Like

So May has lost the confidence of pretty much everybody now, what next ?
Brexiteers afraid of no brexiit, in betweeners no deal, and the remainers crashing out without another say.
More votes it seems…

I bet you that Mays deal or a customs union type brexit will still end up getting passed. What Britain needs is compromise . Practical British should return to your roots.

1 million people protest !

Hungary was threatened back in September. Four days ago the suspension is suddenly played.

The worry I have is what this is doing to democracy. People are losing faith in party politics as it is.

Also, regardless of Brexit, what does it say about a Union that disallows a member State from voting? It would be like the UK saying people in Sunderland can’t vote.

2 Likes

Alternatively, they can vote , but their vote will be ignored.

3 Likes

People in Sunderland can vote :astonished:

I know :wink: :grinning:

Polling stations strategically located between pubs and the bookies ?

If there was no intention of honouring the vote, they may have well just given leavers 1000 pounds each to stay at home or go to the pub.

1 Like

The remainers prefer sending their money to the EU. They dislike the English working class, they prefer Greeks and Portuguese.

Hmmm seems like a few generalisations and stereotypes cobbled together over coffee break. :wink:

Tea break
https://youtu.be/M_Vs2DWKBXM

DUP still trying to push UK out with No Deal.
Never thought British would allow that to happen., an extremist peripheral party driving the agenda.

If nobody else does what it takes to drive the agenda, then the extremists will.

This is the main reason why moderates don’t matter. (Another reason is that the center is purely a social construct.)

Is there any political stance that isn’t a social construct?

There are things that are not social constructs which have been politically opposed, thus redefining them as political stances. When everything is politicized, all stances are political. Common sense is problematized.

But centrism never was anything other than a political stance. Its motivation has always been purely political. It was never defined by anything other than political calculation.

Finally , parliament is trying to figure out a consensus for type of Brexit to pursue.

MPs have voted to take control of Commons business in an unprecedented move to try to find a majority for any Brexit option.

The government was defeated by 329 votes to 302 on the cross-party amendment, a majority of 27.

It means MPs will get a series of votes on Wednesday to find out what kind of Brexit they will support.

I don’t know that much about the system there. Any way to cut May out of the process?