Brexit

Petition passes 5.7 million.

Stop press *** Leave votes reach 17.4 million :slightly_smiling_face:oh … that didn’t count because … Boris / Nigel … Russsssia :smirk:

That’s a lot of signatures to a petition it has to be said. Obvious UK is hopelessly divided right now about Brexit.

Guess those people that lost like to voice their disdain. There were 16 million of them . Perhaps we should make decisions purely based on Petitions from now on …they seem to be noticed more that an actual Vote.

1 Like

Seems like they need another vote to figure things out. :wink:

1 Like

Ahhh , Should we make it best of 3 ? Or take an average ? Will this one be the "once in a lifetime, final decision which will be carried out " , Brexit means brexit style ? Its an utter disgrace and anyone who is reasonable can see that the Referendum result has been swept aside . Democracy is dead in the UK.
I hope they are happy if we stay …and then the EU later collapses :wink:

Then I don’t see any argument against a second referendum.
Since everyone is trying to steal your Brexit anyway, whatever Brexit actually might mean, here you have the chance to secure your total hard Brexit, take control of your borders, and say bye bye EU.
Or do you support Teresa May’s deal?
I don’t! I want you in or out. Or at least, the shittiest deal the dictator EU has to offer.

No we do not have that chance . That is the problem you fail to see. Leaving has now become almost impossible. Our Parliament passed Article 50 , which meant that deal or no deal , we leave on the 29th. That has now( or will be )been cancelled. May/Cameron and even Corbyn and Parliament voted and promised that we would leave . They should have a hard brexit by Law and also the promise , many times, “No deal is better than a bad deal”.
You can paint your own picture if you like …the fact that May has made a complete mess of it should mean that if the deal was so “bad” , then ok , we leave on the 29th .
What was the point of holding the most voted on Referendum we have ever had ? The issue is that the majority on that vote, have a different view than that of MP’s and most of the Media/Establishment and the EU leaders.
That has trumped Democracy . To deny that fact would be ridiculous .

2 Likes

I’m on the fence with leave/remain. I think, as with everything, there are benefits and drawbacks to both. However, what is happening now totally undermines democracy. Which for me is unacceptable.

I think the likely outcome will be a general election which will effectively be another referendum as it will be a single issue GE. What a mess.

2 Likes

Well I am sure the German Establishment will do everything possible to paint the AfD as Nazis/Far Right /etc…they will find something…but if they were voted into power in an Election , would you accept them ? When people see problems with Government and want change , how do you propose change ?
Pretty soon , German people will get tired of paying for most of the EU. The finances just do not add up and Brexit /Italy and a host of other issues will eventually come to a head.

1 Like

Exactly correct. We’re just getting out first and we are one of the highest donors. Lets see if the German people will still want to remain after the UK exit. France has already got it’s yellow shirt problems and a massively popular anti EU figure in Le Pen.

The problem is very obvious.
Only a tiny majority voted for Brexit.
You can’t have a functional country witout compromise that satisfies the other half (and now all the polls say majority is for remain ). Whole countries in the UK even voted for remain.

It’s not a football match, about winning or losing. It’s about have a functioning country.

Again, BREXIT is NOT a FOOTBALL GAME.

Also the redlines and we will be out on a certain date ,that was May . There were no redlines in the referendum neither were there any dates.

Most people don’t want hard brexit (including a significant portion of Brexit supporters included), again all the polls are very clear on that . Parliament also doesn’t want it and people voted their MPs in to make decisions and pass laws. Cross party consensus is to have a soft Brexit, which is no surprise since they represent a broad swath of UK voters .

Germany is a massive beneficiary of the EU through the eurozone and it’s position geographically and strong export base.

It ain’t leaving the EU anytime soon.

The UK is also a huge beneficiary , with loads of special deals thrown in , but the media painted a picture that it was all about paying money to Brussels every year. Always forgetting that the UK was one of the countries.which created the current system in the 80s and 90s!

If the UK was doing so badly from the EU, at a time.when it’s north sea oil revenues have disappeared.(compared to the 80s) , then how come the economy and job situation was very positive overall ? It seems to me austerity policies effects along with a shitty policy of investing too much in LONDON have been blamed on foreigners.

Let’s be honest the vote was carried over the line because of the unfortunate timing of a massive refugee influx (to Germany) from Syria precisely at that time which caused extra hysteria and could be used to frighten voters about bogeymen foreigners.

British parliament is trying to find an answer as May’s government and plan has no support. Society and parliament are against hard brexit and being blackmailed into a plan by May (although to be fair that’s the only deal on the table if the UK insist to exit right now ).

Derek Davis warns of ‘chaos’ lol. Bit late Derek.

BBC News - Brexit: MPs set out plan to consider alternatives to PM’s deal

So you’re saying Taiwan is paradise?

Some interesting reading for you. GDP per capita in PPP adjusted currency.

Quite surprisingly Taiwan in very high on the scale using this metric. I expected good result but not better than most of Europe, incl. Germany and France and than Korea or Japan.

This is reflection that costs of living are quite decent in Taiwan (except house prices) comparing to these countries.

https://www.imf.org/external/datamapper/PPPPC@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

Lets see if the German people will still want to remain after the UK exit.

LOL EU is a German influence zone and free trade area. Why would they disassemble it?

This is how Germans run business in EU:

Ask the AFD lol

Disunited Kingdom, Again.
One must ask, just what the fuck does the UK actually WANT to do? I think we should get the sinn fein MPs in for a vote to decide for you.

BBC News - Brexit: No majority for any options after MPs’ votes

#Just get us out somehow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4DhecQQjdM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0eZYZAP0GmxTgp1KbOdkwtxrxOBL-0giK9pO6c98RowuZc3emIK7AIyQA

1 Like

D2sq56nXgAA-EpC

2 Likes