Brexit

Still waiting for the world to end like the Remainiacs said it would today.

As I’ve always said the man is s charlatan, from his own father

4 Likes

Still waiting for the boom the Brexiteers promised. Can’t you just taste the freedom?

The UK never adopted the EURO.
Nothing to update! It is still Europe unless you find a way to move that Island off the continent.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they like to receive them from tourists.

On my way to the bank so I can put my updated money back into my savings account. Will ask them about this.

On the contrary - please stop remoaning - the UK has now left Europe as of 2021, and there is nothing that can be done to reverse that. Continuing on its current path it will depart the solar system by 2022. :grin:

1 Like

Shaking its fist at those damn Martian, Venusian, and Jovian bureaucrats obstructing those traditional British freedoms

3 Likes

A pity we cannot geographically move it off as well as politically , well it is not continental Europe with that horrible continental breakfast. A tea spoon of orange juice a grape and a.piece of circular bread.

1 Like

France does many things better, but not breakfast :laughing:

1 Like

Except good luck with the bunch of grapes it is usually about 4 at most lol.
Funny show.
How about this to fill you up and to a glorious early death

2 Likes

They always could apply to enter the EU, again.

1 Like

Pretty sure I could eat that after a serious workout …

1 Like

That would be too good to be true, can you imagine the jokes!

They are, unfortunately, not imaginary. Several of them are larger than life. None of them are very funny.

1 Like

Well you would not need a protein shake after that! Or maybe just in case :grinning:

Unilever actually moves part of their operations to the UK but stay in the Netherlands too.
Nissan, who knows what they are planning.

Almost all the financial firms in the UK have opened EU trading offices in Ireland or the Netherlands or Frankfurt. They’ll still keep their global trading offices in the UK but the EU is a big wedge to miss out on. No way the EU will make it easy for the UK to hoover up the cash from the EU. It’s all very well having Fintech from the UK but it’s they can’t access the EU market from the UK they will have to do it from their registered offices in the EU now.

The bigger issue are IT services overall. That’s surely where the fastest and most lucrative growth is coming from compared to financial services and goods trading.