Brexit

Johnson’s incredible in that he lies even though he’s going to get found out within weeks. I think politicians have lost all respect for the electorate.

Shouldn’t the brexiteers be jumping for joy about the amazing trade deals, economic prosperity and new freedoms people in the UK are enjoying now.
Where’s all the fishermen celebrating ?
The Titans of industry and retail ?
How about all that cheap and wonderful food ?

Unmitigated disaster that’s what…The UK exited on a hard Brexit and this is the inevitable result.

2 Likes

Yes, Big Brussels imposition of costly, vindictive tariffs and regulations on British goods is proof that Britain made a big mistake exiting the EU while it could.

“Cutting off the nose to spite the face”

4 Likes

Who knew some British would whine so much after voting to give themselves a kick up the back side.

And then voting in another public school toff to tell them what’s what and do a proper shit job of the one his mate started .

Job jolly well done I say !

1 Like

Well I never…

Londoner Sascha Grillo was trying to add to his model collection by ordering a new car from a seller in Germany, but when he typed into the website that he wanted delivery to the UK, the price leapt up from £50 to £62.

“I was shocked, because I thought that with the Brexit deal, this wouldn’t happen,” he said.

"I thought day-to-day commercial transactions would remain the same, but this is not the case."

They don’t make lies like they used to. Back in the day they used to take pride in their lies, high quality lies, durable sometimes for decades. Not like the flimsy lies they make nowadays that don’t even last weeks! :grandpa:

Here is Johnson justifying that time he tried to cancel parliament.

https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1166650428060250112?s=20

1 Like

Buy British.

Why don’t you just bend over while you are at it.

1 Like

Vindictive is a tad emotive IMO. The EU will represent the interests of itself and its member states (probably in that order). It’s not a charity to non-member states. It may be setting an example to other member states toying with the idea of leaving.

The main point is the transition was never going to be smooth, as many politicians bullshitted.

My uneducated guess is the UK will take a 5% or so GDP hit. It won’t be an unmitigated disaster, but it will be a bit of a shot to the foot. However, that’s democracy, which is a great thing.

Maybe costly, arbitrary EU regulations would be a more accurate description then:

The (British) firm, which sold £180,000 of cheese to the EU last year, found that every £25-30 gift box of cheese it sends to consumers on the Continent now needs a veterinary-approved health certificate costing £180.

What do you think not being in a single market or customs union means ?

5 Likes

You are part of the wrong country love. And I’m sure you can get what you want in green Ireland.

We sell about 1,000 organic lines and I cannot go into Belfast to source them. I have tried in the Republic of Ireland and have not been able to.

BBC News - Organic food shipping system is a ‘nightmare’ post-Brexit

Because, once again, EU bureaucracy is a nightmare:

All organic food entering from GB must have a Certificate of Inspection (CoI), a time-consuming piece of administration.

The government says it will talk to the EU about streamlining this process.

No being outside of the EU is a nightmare. Especially if you share a border with it and don’t belong to the single market or cusotms union.

You seem mighty confused.

2 Likes

When Brexit was finally achieved and people were rejoicing over not having to pay attention to it any more, I said we’d have to put up with the next five years of Brexiteers whining that the EU was selfishly looking after its own citizens instead of prioritising British interests.

4 Likes

What about the Brits who live part time in Spain and France who voted for Brexit.

Geniuses. :joy:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You leave a free market then you’re no longer in it. So, transactions will no longer be free.

The benefits of no longer being in that free market may be what you wanted, but there’s no point whingeing about the drawbacks. The benefits of membership are no longer yours.

EDIT: As a disclaimer I mildly supported Brexit. However, I was aware of the short term economic shitstorm it would create.

The holier than thou EU: