Brexit

It’s definitely not.

It’s clearly a supply issue as well as the fact that France and Germany are slow to vaccinate locally due to cultural reluctance around vaccines.

Countries like Ireland and Spain and Italy are going nuts because they can’t get the vaccine quickly enough. MOST countries don’t produce coronavirus vaccines so they MUST import.

Therefore, weaknesses resulting from a European union of nation states.

What you on about Willis ?
Do you want fresh veg this year or not ? :joy::grin:

The EU is currently failing to either adequately supply vaccine in your opinion, or distribute them adequately in my opinion. Or possibly both. Either way the EU is not working effectively in this situation. You can blame certain member states, but it doesn’t change the fact that the EU isn’t working.

Old people are dying because of this failure.

I’m not stating opinions I’m staying facts.
Most countries in Europe and around the world don’t produce the vaccine.

Supplies are extremely limited, everybody is scrambling for that limited supply. No matter if the EU distributes or not you still have a big problem in many countries.

Just look at Taiwan ,what union are they part of ?!

I stated the definite article. That’s as factual as one can get.

:grinning:
It is called “Banter”.
However, back to the war scenario which I was not the first to bring up, they are never going to go to war with nukes. The EU never prevented all out war, the threat of mutual destruction prevented it. Russia would have swept over western Europe during the cold war without the threat of nuclear retaliation.

It is. It can work both ways though. I feel that a union obviously has benefits , more leverage in world affairs etc , but it can make things very slow. There is no doubt the union messed this one up.

1 Like

It’s a classic example of how attempting centralised control of a group of decentralized players works out. The US response to the pandemic wasn’t dissimilar.

1 Like

yup the text book example so to speak.

It’s not .

It’s because there is a limited supply of vaccine.
That’s the text book example of restricted supply, overarching demand for a globalised good.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hurrah. Singapore on the Thames.
Monumental fail more like it . Spoofers all spoofed out. Dysons dicked off.

25% Corporate Tax

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/03/uk-hikes-corporation-tax-to-25percent-as-pandemic-supports-hits-407-billion.html

Good for my home country and other European countries though as we suck up that investment instead .

If you could go back in a time machine you may find being a lawyer would be a good occupation for you.as that reply was a good one but I am still with @BiggusDickus on this “Text book example” .:grinning:

Yes, the facts speak, the facts cannot be silenced .

Like the (dis)United States.
Or Canada (to keep everyone happy).

Most countries are going to have to do something like this, the amount of borrowing and money printing from covid can’t just be magically written off!

As I was saying…

1 Like

Good Monday Morning
@Brianjones
A good Monday news snippet to get the remoaners in action
Emmanuel Macron insists France will match UK’s vaccination success

The loyalist community got a bad deal with Brexit. I guess this was inevitable.