Brexit

I mean it didn’t help that labour put forward an old communist who was unelectable

I don’t think British voters are anymore parochial than anywhere else in Europe, the problem was stupid enough to have a referendum and especially at a time of societal discontent.

There’s nothing stopping Britain from crawling back to the EU and begging to be let back in. Brussels would be more than willing to chalk it up to learning a good lesson.

Only about half the population.

Nobody ever gave a shit about the EU apart from weird Tory backbenchers and UKIP, until the Brexit referendum.

It’s not like it was a major societal issue. Most people didn’t give a fuck

But since the referendum, everyone has such entrenched views and pretends they always did (both for leave and remain). Weird phenomenon

3 Likes

Remainers should petition for another referendum to confirm that Brexit, seven years on, is really the will of the people now that the reality of it has set in. Maybe Britain is really no longer capable of handling its own affairs and needs Brussels to manage them.

Thats a bit ridiculous

There is too much water under the bridge for the time being and no appetite for the mayhem of another referendum

1 Like

Not true. Labour when they were not corporate gophers had a fair share of pro UK MPs.
Tony Benn, was the one that convinced me that leaving the EU was the best route.
Around 4-5 million that voted leave were traditional Labour voters.
The EU, or then EEC, persuaded Labour to come over to their side by persuading them the only way to gain power is to be a part of their utopia.
The issue today is corrupt politicians working to screw the UK and never make it more self sufficient.

Your GDP stats mean nothing to poor people. When the GDP in the UK was better people in poor areas voted leave as they had nothing.
The middle classes are going to get shafted next.
Ireland is screwed with mass migration and a government which cares not one iota about Irish people.
If the influx of migrants to Ireland was the same in the UK, that would be around 12 million new migrants in the last 5-10 years, if I recall.
But don’t worry, some non elected Germans run your border. At least they are not Brits.

The bitterness is strong in this one YODA. :grinning:

Argue he does poor people poorer be.

Bitter bitter bitter.

Britain’s favourite drink.

1 Like

Taiwan manages just fine despite Beijing’s relentless efforts to strangle it economically for refusing to accept its overlordship. Why can’t Britain do the same with a far less powerful Brussels?

The two situations are completely different. That is a ludicrous comparison.
The UK can’t access the benefits of being a European Union member when it’s not a European Union member.

I even posted the statements from BYD which explains that. It’s not complicated.

The Uk doesn’t remotely have the same population or GDP to be able to match the EU . It’s just a fact.

Its not in the European union so investors aren’t going to put their investment in the UK to serve the European market!!!

As an investor we want a country to be stable,” said Michael Shu, BYD’s European president, speaking to the Financial Times. “To open a factory is a decision for decades. Without Brexit, maybe. But after Brexit, we don’t understand what happened.”

BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, said the UK had not even made a top 10 list of possible locations to build its first European car plant. The company already makes buses in Europe.

“The UK doesn’t have a very good solution,” said Shu. “Even on the long list we didn’t have the UK.”

A lot of people don’t want to call a spade a spade.

The 700M Honda plant closure was termed a ‘transformation’. A closure is now a transformation ?

Transformation to what you may ask?
High tech industry?

You have to read the guts of the article to understand they are mostly becoming Warehouses and Distribution centers. Shittiest jobs going with little pull through of local contractors.

So much confusion amongst the Brexiteers.

It seems they MUST slash red tape to save the car industry. Mysterious red tape holding things back. Not bendy bananas. Red tape

But Brexit was all about creating red tape where none existed before lol. That was the whole point of it you fucking numbskulls.

UK car production has halved in the past five years and further shrinkages risk the viability of the industry as suppliers lose work and leave, Nissan boss Ashwani Gupta, the Japanese company’s chief operating officer, said last month.

Mr Gupta said: “The UK is becoming more and more challenging as a manufacturing footprint.”

He was joined by Carlos Tavares, head of Vauxhall owner Stellantis, in warning that a declining industry and no new battery plants spelled a bleak future for British car making.

The big problem of the UK is to keep a size of market that would support the investments [in] battery supply,” Mr Tavares said in February. “I fear that if you don’t have the battery supply in the UK, for the UK, the market will be in trouble.”

I don’t even have any idea what you are trying to say or what point you are making.

The UK was part of a trade Union with the EU

How is it in anyway related to Taiwan

If the UK was never part of the EU would have developed in a different way(see Norway)

The problem is the chaos of leaving the union once in it

The other problem is that the Tories are managing this change

Utter bollocks.

Nobody puts their investment in Taiwan to serve the vast Chinese market, yet Taiwan does just fine selling to the rest of the world, despite China’s harsh attempts to isolate Taiwan for refusing to unite under its one country, two systems. If the UK can’t survive economically without surrendering its autonomy to the EU then it deserves to be downgraded to Airstrip One under Big Brussels’ benevolent leadership.

Not even comparable. At least try an understand a situation before commenting and I’m not even pro Brexit

Of course in the long run the UK can adjust to a different business environment, but in short term it’s creating chaos and being mismanaged

It has nothing to do with Taiwan that does benefit from access to the china market anyway

1 Like