Brexit

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Bankers don’t want to live in Luxembourg. Right-e-o old chap.

Better hope London can keep its passport otherwise tax revenue will sink like a stone.
qz.com/727965/londons-total-domi … y-charted/

[quote]A recent report by the Centre for Cities ran the numbers and found that London generated as much tax as the next 37 biggest British cities combined, or around 30% of the country’s total take of “economy taxes” (derived from incomes, spending, investments, property, and the like). In the latest fiscal year, London produced nine times as much tax as the next-highest city, Manchester[/quote].

It’s not only finance, loads of European service providers are going to move their regional operations overseas.

It’s pretty arrogant to think German manufacturers are going to dictate the rules to France or Poland…don’t think so!’!!!

Don’t forget you have the biggest Wally of them all, good old BJ, as your foreign minister. They don’t see a charmer, they see an out and out opportunistic liar.
What a pathetic choice to negotiate with the EU.[/quote]

Boris is an idiot. As are the whole Tory party. In all the confusion, they seem to have got away with the fact that Cameron and the gang should have prepared properly for both outcomes. Absolute madness. If we had an opposition that wasnt so completely incompetent, they would have been harangued.

I think German manufacturers will dictate to Poland and France. One word… Greece.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Bankers don’t want to live in Luxembourg. Right-e-o old chap.

Better hope London can keep its passport otherwise tax revenue will sink like a stone.
qz.com/727965/londons-total-domi … y-charted/

[quote]A recent report by the Centre for Cities ran the numbers and found that London generated as much tax as the next 37 biggest British cities combined, or around 30% of the country’s total take of “economy taxes” (derived from incomes, spending, investments, property, and the like). In the latest fiscal year, London produced nine times as much tax as the next-highest city, Manchester[/quote].

It’s not only finance, loads of European service providers are going to move their regional operations overseas.

It’s pretty arrogant to think German manufacturers are going to dictate the rules to France or Poland…don’t think so!’!!!

Don’t forget you have the biggest Wally of them all, good old BJ, as your foreign minister. They don’t see a charmer, they see an out and out opportunistic liar.
What a pathetic choice to negotiate with the EU.[/quote]

Really dont get the mean spirited schadenfreude. I only wish Ireland and the rest of the countries in Europe the greatest success. Working together and coming together is in everyones best interests. A failing UK is a disaster for Ireland especially. Irish agriculture is nearly dependent on the UK amongst other things. You may get a few dodgy banks moving over, but in general its in Irelands best interest that the UK keeps its passport and stays in the single market.

The reason I am coming across like this is mainly because you called the use of the 3 million current EU residents in UK as a negotiating tactic ‘reasonable and sensible’. I think it’s inhumane. Actually there are millions of people’s lives being messed with here. May should categorically state anybody who is there now is entitled to stay there … Full stop.
Unlike many I’ve actually followed Mays policies over the years the salary caps and inhumane treatment of foreign students and British trying to return with their partners, she’s a right bitch.

Ireland can export its surplus superior food product somewhere else but hey everybody needs to eat the UK doesn’t make enough of its own food to support its population. It won’t do much harm for Irish food companies to globalize more anyway.
If you know your history and the UK corn laws it’s all old hat, all been done before. Those days are gone now.

I’ll remind you again it’s the British who voted out of the EU and therefore single market, not anybody else’s decision, the reason why a good portion (10-20%) of them voted out is because they dislike/hate foreigners and Europeans and your politics was taken control of by rabid tabloids and lying opportunistic politicians (one of whom is the foreign minister now and they are all tally ho isn’t he a good chap suddenly ). There was no end of lies about immigrants and Europeans.
British need to paper over that nasty reality to maintain unity but outsiders don’t need to play along especially if they are threatening Europeans including Irish residents in the UK and also trying to divide island of Ireland again.
D

[quote=“headhonchoII”]The reason I am coming across like this is mainly because you called the use of the 3 million current EU residents in UK as a negotiating tactic ‘reasonable and sensible’. I think it’s inhumane.

No I never. I didnt say anything like that. I think it is truly sad that Poles and Eastern Europeans who have made such brilliant contributions to the UK and integrated so well a forced to deal with so much uncertainty. Heartbreaking. The EU has let them down. People’s life are being destroyed while Juncker and Tusk dine out in Brussels

Ireland can export its surplus superior food product somewhere else but hey everybody needs to eat the UK doesn’t make enough of its own food to support its population. It won’t do much harm for Irish food companies to globalize more anyway.
If you know your history and the UK corn laws it’s all old hat, all been done before. Those days are gone now.

Im pretty certain that most Irish are not as Europhilic as you. Irish newspapers are full of stories about the disaster that Brexit could be for Ireland. I am also sure that most Irish do not favor punitive measures and would like to see a buoyant, prosperous relationship with the UK. fortune.com/2016/06/22/brexit-ireland/

I’ll remind you again it’s the British who voted out of the EU and therefore single market, not anybody else’s decision, the reason why a good portion (10-20%) of them voted out is because they dislike/hate foreigners and Europeans and your politics was taken control of by rabid tabloids and lying opportunistic politicians (one of whom is the foreign minister now and they are all tally ho isn’t he a good chap suddenly ). There was no end of lies about immigrants and Europeans.
British need to paper over that nasty reality to maintain unity but outsiders don’t need to play along especially if they are threatening Europeans including Irish residents in the UK and also trying to divide island of Ireland again.
D[/quote]

[b]What nasty reality? You are making up figures and narratives to suit yourself, contrary to everything said by British people here or elsewhere(79-98.75%) for that matter.

The nasty reality of immigrants and the EU being the target of a lot of invective and abuse and lies from politicians and the press and yes some people on the street. Now May won’t guarantee current EU Residents their status as they want to ‘negotiate’.you want me to post up all the tabloid headlines and racist incidents that happened around the referendum time? You do know one of your MPS was murdered too right?

news.vice.com/article/uk-police … rexit-vote

thesun.co.uk/news/1342831/s … igh-again/

bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu- … m-36641390

Your ilk lost fair and square. No one likes a sore loser. Stop concern trolling everyone that you care about what happens in the best interests of the English when it’s pretty clear you have an irrational hatred of them.

The real hater comes out of his troll shell again :slight_smile:.
:roflmao:

I didn’t lose anything, Ireland is still a fully paid up member of the EU.
Im pro EU and pro Irish and have plenty of British friends, thank you :
I’m focusing on the impact on EU residents and how the Tory government is using them as a pawn in their negotiations. I’ve also provided links to police statistics to back up claims of increased racist incidents in the UK following the brexit votes.
It’s also a fact an MP was murdered during this campaign. There was a nasty edge to it.
That doesn’t make me a hater. You won’t ever hear any xenophobic invective from me. 100,000s of Brits are looking to get Irish passports now…I say welcome just pay the money you are entitled to it.

Please return to your normal cave to sleep off the rest of the summer it’s hot out here.I don’t think many of us have the patience to read thru your 1000 word and frankly dull diatribes copied from zerohedgendoftheworldstockupongol dquick.com

You never shut up about the English. It’s tedious. My grandfather was in Darwin during the war when it was bombed. Plenty of Australians were in death camps. I don’t bang on and on and on and bloody on about the Japanese like you do about the English. I can’t figure out who it is you hate though. On the one hand, you talk about the elite, when the elite are overwhelmingly pro-globalist just like you. Then you go on about all of the little Englanders, yet also claim at other times to be supporting the common man.

Maybe you should go back to copying your diatribes from yetanotheririshmanwithamassivechiponhisshoulderabouttheenglish.com or perhaps iclaimtobeagainsttheglobalelitebutsupporttheirentireagenda.com.

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]You never shut up about the English. It’s tedious. My grandfather was in Darwin during the war when it was bombed. Plenty of Australians were in death camps. I don’t bang on and on and on and bloody on about the Japanese like you do about the English. I can’t figure out who it is you hate though. On the one hand, you talk about the elite, when the elite are overwhelmingly pro-globalist just like you. Then you go on about all of the little Englanders, yet also claim at other times to be supporting the common man.

Maybe you should go back to copying your diatribes from yetanotheririshmanwithamassivechiponhisshoulderabouttheenglish.com or perhaps iclaimtobeagainsttheglobalelitebutsupporttheirentireagenda.com.[/quote]

THIS basically, these long diatribes about the bucktoothed, mindless British racist, voting to rid himself of the troublesome foreigners, in the face of everyone saying otherwise have become tiresome. Nonsense about foreigners being used as pawns and whatnot is equally draining. Brits are on the whole not racist, on the whole very open to foreigners. The tory government and the EU have proven themselves to be equally incompetent with dealing with this whole situation and the ire should be firmly aimed at them, rather than the British voter.

Borderline xenophobia and at best mean-spirited sentiment in a time of great unease for Brits.

Yea yes get with the program move on its all in the past just one month ago. Except it’s not in the past its ongoing for the immigrants there. It’s a HUGE issue for them as they cannot plan their lives and have certainty. I think it would change the whole conversation if The British government offered an explicit guarantee that at least
For the EU migrants who are in the country now to say…it’s okay…you’re welcome as part of our community. You are not going anywhere. That would send a message to the xenophobes. We are talking about 3 million people here many with deep roots in the UK by this stage.

I never said everybody was racist and xenophobic, most people are decent people and they have their own reasons to vote this way or that way, I pointed out though that relatively small portion of racists and xenophobia were certainly a significant factor in the referendum and the media pushed those angles helped along with polarizing and false statements from Leave campaign (immigrants taking our NHS…‘swarms’ of migrants…breaking posters of refugees
In other countries…it’s all there google it).
It’s also not me stating there’s been a rise in racist incident but the British police and David Cameron and the Home office.

I was fascinated to read about Boston in Lincolnshire (in Sun article above). The area voted leave but the farming community is very heavily dependent on imported labour. What will the farmers do now? What will the local shopkeepers and pubs and villages do if the foreign community ups and leaves? What will be left there? I’ve seen what happens when villages lose thei population, local services like banks, post offices , shops, doctors, sports clubs…they close down and it’s hard to come back from that.
Is this going to be an improvement for them?
Will the locals suddenly find their hidden career in leek farming that has evaded them for so long?
In the end the farmers are still going to need foreigners to do the work. Would it not be better
To have people integrated into the community over the years to sustain these small towns and villages?

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]You never shut up about the English. It’s tedious. My grandfather was in Darwin during the war when it was bombed. Plenty of Australians were in death camps. I don’t bang on and on and on and bloody on about the Japanese like you do about the English. I can’t figure out who it is you hate though. On the one hand, you talk about the elite, when the elite are overwhelmingly pro-globalist just like you. Then you go on about all of the little Englanders, yet also claim at other times to be supporting the common man.

Maybe you should go back to copying your diatribes from yetanotheririshmanwithamassivechiponhisshoulderabouttheenglish.com or perhaps iclaimtobeagainsttheglobalelitebutsupporttheirentireagenda.com.[/quote]

Blah blah blah…its all just background noise to me at this stage you contribute next to noting in these thread except for back biting and trolling. You just want to get kicks from trolling people. We get it.

Accusing me of racism is something coming from you.

You don’t get it by this stage?

I don’t like racism and xenophobia in any shape or form.
I am not anti English in the slightest, I am anti racist and anti xenophobic and pro people living with dignity and treating people with respect.

It’s getting late time to head back and start counting those pots :2cents: of gold.

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]You never shut up about the English. It’s tedious. My grandfather was in Darwin during the war when it was bombed. Plenty of Australians were in death camps. I don’t bang on and on and on and bloody on about the Japanese like you do about the English. I can’t figure out who it is you hate though. On the one hand, you talk about the elite, when the elite are overwhelmingly pro-globalist just like you. Then you go on about all of the little Englanders, yet also claim at other times to be supporting the common man.

Blah blah blah…its all just background noise to me at this stage you contribute next to noting in these thread except for back biting and trolling. You just want to get kicks from trolling people. We get it.

Accusing me of racism is something coming from you.

You don’t get it by this stage?

I don’t like racism and xenophobia in any shape or form.
I am not anti English in the slightest, I am anti racist and anti xenophobic and pro people living with dignity and treating people with respect.[/quote]

You can dish it but you sure can’t take it.

As I said you are not interested in brexit you are interested in trolling.
:cactus:

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Yea yes get with the program move on its all in the past just one month ago. Except it’s not in the past its ongoing for the immigrants there. It’s a HUGE issue for them as they cannot plan their lives and have certainty. I think it would change the whole conversation if The British government offered an explicit guarantee that at least
For the EU migrants who are in the country now to say…it’s okay…you’re welcome as part of our community. You are not going anywhere. That would send a message to the xenophobes. We are talking about 3 million people here many with deep roots in the UK by this stage.

I never said everybody was racist and xenophobic, most people are decent people and they have their own reasons to vote this way or that way, I pointed out though that relatively small portion of racists and xenophobia were certainly a significant factor in the referendum and the media pushed those angles helped along with polarizing and false statements from Leave campaign (immigrants taking our NHS…‘swarms’ of migrants…breaking posters of refugees
In other countries…it’s all there google it).
It’s also not me stating there’s been a rise in racist incident but the British police and David Cameron and the Home office.

I was fascinated to read about Boston in Lincolnshire (in Sun article above). The area voted leave but the farming community is very heavily dependent on imported labour. What will the farmers do now? What will the local shopkeepers and pubs and villages do if the foreign community ups and leaves? What will be left there? I’ve seen what happens when villages lose thei population, local services like banks, post offices , shops, doctors, sports clubs…they close down and it’s hard to come back from that.
Is this going to be an improvement for them?
Will the locals suddenly find their hidden career in leek farming that has evaded them for so long?
In the end the farmers are still going to need foreigners to do the work. Would it not be better
To have people integrated into the community over the years to sustain these small towns and villages?[/quote]

Ermintrude explained this about a billion pages back. People want sovereignty. That means they want to feel in control of their destiny, including prioritising the familiar. Just because these things aren’t (as) important to you does not mean that they’re not important and legitimate concerns to others. Does that mean that they’ll make the best economic decisions? Maybe, maybe not. I’m sure that there are lots and lots of countries out there that have gained their independence and it’s been bad for them economically in the short term. Maybe it’s even been bad for them economically in the long term (or not). That’s not the point though. Why doesn’t the whole world immediately make moves to resemble Changi Airport in Singapore? Maybe because they have other priorities. No one seems to have any problem with virtually any other country or group of people on the planet thinking like this, yet a whole lot of people are concern trolling us over the English.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]As I said you are not interested in brexit you are interested in trolling.
:cactus:[/quote]

I could accuse you of the same. Or, you could see that I’ve had a number of reasonable conversations with other people. Not everyone has to agree with you, you know. This is kind of the point that several of us have been making: that the more you and your ilk have said that some people don’t hold legitimate positions, the more they’ve held a mirror right up at you and said, “right back at you”. Hence the Brexit result. Keep sticking your fingers in your ears though, I hope that it will be just as successful as it has been recently.

Yes I don’t need to agree with you, you are correct on that point. :slight_smile:

I’m going to use this exact line, with a few minor changes, next time you go on about the need for Islam to reform.

We interrupt this flamewar for some breaking news…

express.co.uk/news/uk/693193 … ll-readers

But how?

[quote]Former Tory cabinet minister John Redwood has led a cross party group of MPs which has come up with a plan to get Britain out of the EU “in just a matter of weeks”.

The simple solution, also backed by Labour Leave, would be to trigger article 50 by repealing the 1972 European Communities Act and then informing the EU that the UK is no longer a member but intends to trade tariff free.

If the EU then decides to impose tariffs then Britain would respond but because the UK has a trade deficit with the EU of almost £24 billion a trade war would be more damaging to European countries especially Germany which could lose its biggest car market.[/quote]

[quote=“rowland”]We interrupt this flamewar for some breaking news…

express.co.uk/news/uk/693193 … ll-readers

98% of self-selected Express readers? Wow!

I’m going to use this exact line, with a few minor changes, next time you go on about the need for Islam to reform.[/quote]

Because obviously the English were killing the Irish just last week…

Nice false equivalency.

I’m not concerned about what’s in the best interests of Muslims. I’m concerned about what’s in the best interests of the rest of the world, particularly the West, that has been suffering them for well over a millennium.

Since we’re talking about your excuses for that religion, remember when Dylann Roof killed nine people and all the outrage, the flags and monuments coming down, the attack on an entire culture of millions, etc.? One man, nine deaths. What are we up to now with the religion of peace? The Forumosa [strike]hypocrites[/strike] punditry are strangely mute on this in the main, or when they do comment, it’s to make apologies and excuses.