Brexit

Talking about strangely mute, there’s an active thread with the title

‘Stupid, racist Australians’.

Thought you might like to check it out. For one reason or another. :laughing:

I’m going to use this exact line, with a few minor changes, next time you go on about the need for Islam to reform.[/quote]

Because obviously the English were killing the Irish just last week…

Nice false equivalency.[/quote]

You need to stop using stock phrases for everything. Makes you look trollish.

[quote]
I’m not concerned about what’s in the best interests of Muslims. I’m concerned about what’s in the best interests of the rest of the world, particularly the West, that has been suffering them for well over a millennium.

Since we’re talking about your excuses for that religion, remember when Dylann Roof killed nine people and all the outrage, the flags and monuments coming down, the attack on an entire culture of millions, etc.? One man, nine deaths. What are we up to now with the religion of peace? The Forumosa [strike]hypocrites[/strike] punditry are strangely mute on this in the main, or when they do comment, it’s to make apologies and excuses.[/quote]

Thank you for that spectacular expression of irrational hatred for Muslims and also concern trolling for the rest of the world. Lol.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]Talking about strangely mute, there’s an active thread with the title

‘Stupid, racist Australians’.

Thought you might like to check it out. For one reason or another. :laughing:[/quote]

Maybe there should be one called shills for the globalist elite that you might want to check out.

I’m going to use this exact line, with a few minor changes, next time you go on about the need for Islam to reform.[/quote]

Because obviously the English were killing the Irish just last week…

Nice false equivalency.[/quote]

You need to stop using stock phrases for everything. Makes you look trollish.[/quote]

Doesn’t make it untrue just because you use one of your trollish stock phrases.

[quote][quote]
I’m not concerned about what’s in the best interests of Muslims. I’m concerned about what’s in the best interests of the rest of the world, particularly the West, that has been suffering them for well over a millennium.

Since we’re talking about your excuses for that religion, remember when Dylann Roof killed nine people and all the outrage, the flags and monuments coming down, the attack on an entire culture of millions, etc.? One man, nine deaths. What are we up to now with the religion of peace? The Forumosa [strike]hypocrites[/strike] punditry are strangely mute on this in the main, or when they do comment, it’s to make apologies and excuses.[/quote]

Thank you for that spectacular expression of irrational hatred for Muslims and also concern trolling for the rest of the world. Lol.[/quote]

Nice deflection. Again, one guy kills nine people; total hysteria on the left. How many are we up to this week for the religion of peace? Yet the usual apologists on the left fall into lock step. You’re losing control of the narrative, but you keep doubling down.

Also, nice false equivalency again. I’m not simultaneously telling everyone how much I hate the rest of the world and hypocritically trying to pretend I actually care about them.

Thank you for that spectacular expression of disingenuous rhetoric though. Lol.

[quote=“rowland”]We interrupt this flamewar for some breaking news…

express.co.uk/news/uk/693193 … ll-readers

But how?

[quote]Former Tory cabinet minister John Redwood has led a cross party group of MPs which has come up with a plan to get Britain out of the EU “in just a matter of weeks”.

The simple solution, also backed by Labour Leave, would be to trigger article 50 by repealing the 1972 European Communities Act and then informing the EU that the UK is no longer a member but intends to trade tariff free.

If the EU then decides to impose tariffs then Britain would respond but because the UK has a trade deficit with the EU of almost £24 billion a trade war would be more damaging to European countries especially Germany which could lose its biggest car market.[/quote][/quote]

Read - just read - the Daily Express. They are a xenophobic rag catering to the part of the population preferring short sentences and certainties.

The suggestion will be a disaster for the UK. EU leaders would by then with glee embark on project pain.

That said, it will end like this, according to the bookies:

express.co.uk/news/politics/ … 1469720868

[quote=“Mr He”]. . . That said, it will end like this, according to the bookies:

express.co.uk/news/politics/ … 1469720868[/quote]

Yet more proof that voting is the opiate of the people. Once it wears off it’s as if it never happened. Before this is all over The Man is going to have to make voting mandatory.

That ‘paper’ is glorified bog roll with ink on it.

What sey you folks?

independent.co.uk/news/uk/po … 60786.html

They basically reiterate the point I have made previously that May has pursued some quite extreme policies in the recent past (and also is no friend of the poor…preventing British people and their families from moving home from overseas if they didn’t earn quite a high minimum figure…also make you wait six months to bring them in).

[quote=“headhonchoII”]That ‘paper’ is glorified bog roll with ink on it.

What sey you folks?

independent.co.uk/news/uk/po … 60786.html

They basically reiterate the point I have made previously that May has pursued some quite extreme policies in the recent past (and also is no friend of the poor…preventing British people and their families from moving home from overseas if they didn’t earn quite a high minimum figure…also make you wait six months to bring them in).[/quote]

A shifty-eyed harridan if ever there were one.

What I continue to not get is how the post-Brexit “explosion of hate” towards Poles, Germans and other non-English-speaking Europeans in Britain is racism. Chauvinism, bigotry maybe but racism? Surely that’s just dog whistle rhetoric.

Well the lines are blurry, it’s more xenophobia than racism but the two often overlap.

I’m not saying I agree with everything in the article,
I just got annoyed when people tried to use their ‘racial’ prejudice against my origin to try and make it sound like its a one man crusade or something.

This article points out that it’s a BIG talking point in the UK and it’s been brewing for years.
Not saying it’s the worst place out there by a long shot, but the trend was certainly negative compared over recent years.

Governments have a responsibility to show the lines of acceptable behavior, when they start using ‘us’ and ‘them’ rhetoric and images you know things have gone a bit rotten.

There’s something WRONG with a person who would do this to the citizens they are supposed to look after!
theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … eu-partner

[quote]British citizens must earn more than £18,600 to bring over a non-EU spouse, rising to £22,400 if they have a child who does not have British citizenship, and an additional £2,400 for each subsequent child.

Critics argue that the law, introduced in July 2012, penalises 43% of the UK population and means British citizens in full-time employment on the minimum wage cannot enjoy the right to live with their families in the UK.[/quote]

This really is a wonderful thread for excellent misinformation on the UK. Like the Onion or something

It’s YOUR newspapers and politicians being quoted :slight_smile:
There are much worse articles and media interviews if you want to read them , I’m being selective. :thumbsup:

I saw this bus on the street the other day. I thought it was quite pretty.
Seemingly it’s called the ‘lucky bus’ because if you are full of shit and a complete chancer you can still stand in front of it and become a government minister! Nice one!

Worked for this lad.

[quote]Setting out a detailed blueprint for Brexit for the first time, Theresa May said that the UK will become “truly global” as she listed eight international nations including China, India and Singapore prepared to sign major free trade deals with Britain.

Addressing Conservative conference for the first time since becoming Prime Minister, Mrs May made clear that border controls are a red line in the Brexit negotiations, saying that “we are not leaving the European Union only to give up control of immigration again”.[/quote]

Oh this, yeah the UK didnt explode or turn into Nazi Germany.

1 Like

Heres the thing about Brexit.
It was a vote to be in or out. Fair enough (apart from NHS battle buses and Murdoch press shenanigans), a slight majority called for out.

But why leave the Tory government (but without a parliamentary vote) to determine what happens next. After all the important stuff is what you decide to do next and neither the people nor the parliamentarians are being given a say, in this, the most important part of the process. THIS is the time when you would want to vote…’‘which priority it is…immigration control or single market?’. ‘Should British institute work permits or quotas?’.
‘Do you want to stay as a member of the European court?’. ‘Should the EU contributions now go to the NHS in full?’ This kind of stuff.
But then when you question it May says '‘you are undercutting democracy’, suck it up voters we will tell you what Brexit means for YOU. Don’t think Scottish will be too pleased with that. I didn’t see the Tories getting voted in on a platform of what they wanted for Europe did you?

The referendum was badly thought out in general. It should have covered these questions and had more caveats.

We also should have had the referendum as an advisory referendum before Cameron met with the EU, so that they understood that the possibility of the UK leaving the EU was real and would have pushed for reforms.

I understand what you are saying and agree in principle, but think the public appetite for more referendums is pretty low.

Not to mention the British brainpower and attention span.

TBH I don’t have a problem with the gubmint deciding such things. They’ll make a complete pig’s ear of it first, and then some other administration will fix it 5,10,15 years down the line. However, that’s probably better than letting the mouthbreathing voter decide how to Make Britain Great Again.

Less uncharitably, the average voter simply doesn’t have access to the information needed to make such decisions. The government does. Sure, they could release a vast dossier with all the facts and figures in it prior to a referendum, but ain’t nobody got time to read that. Especially people who can’t read.

Teresa May does bother me. How the fck did that happen? She’s a bloody merchant banker with a track record of mediocrity, failure and a bizarre mixture of right-wing and right-on nonsense behind her. With her (nominally) at the helm, I’m hoping real-life politics works as it did in Yes, Prime Minister.

She’s got a pen and a phone.

If she botches it, she’ll get the blame. If she doesn’t, she’ll take the credit.

1 Like

I wait up just to read insights like this.

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Ummm…insights? On Forumosa?!

1 Like