Brexit

The UK is leaving and it’s doing how well?

Africa, Middle East, South Asia, South America ?

And you say the EU is struggling…:rofl:

Well I think it wants to be ? The UK is normally laissez-faire and indifferent to major politics. If the EU had just given Cameron a few reasonable concessions then ,my opinion anyway, is that the UK would have voted Remain. It worked in Denmark and it worked in Ireland because the EU tried to address local concerns to change the voter’s minds . This time they gave Cameron zero… so , in that sense at least, part of the blame lies in their intransigence ?

2 Likes

That’s a different topic. Suffice to say that the UK didn’t have to have so many red lines of its own choosing.

Yes, if they could have just conceded a little, then things would be different. 100% agree

Why are you so fucking childish? Where have I advocated EU member states to leave the Union? I’ve only said that it’s struggling, against which your counterargument is literally “EUROPE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN EVERYWHERE ELSE”. It’s absolutely pathetic. You don’t have any substantive response to Italy’s recession or France’s domestic crisis or the wave of populism other than yelling EU STRONK EU STRONK in a loop and how everywhere else sucks, including Taiwan, which is richer than like at least half of EU member states DESPITE all the stuff you just quoted like how Taiwan doesn’t have any FTAs and crap.

1 Like

Typical Yank talk, EU bad, EU bad… we already heard the song, seems like it’s stuck.

1 Like

RESORTING TO ALL CAPS will get you nowhere :nerd_face:

Are you talking to yourself?

The concept of the E.U. is great and all. But i don’t feel like it’s working as wonderfully as imagined.

I guess many people imagine this is a typical Brexiteer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think the similarities between Ireland’s Referendum and Brexit are startling.
My point is that this was an argument by the remain group , at the time , in Ireland . One quote ,
" Where is the logic in adopting a “not-an-inch attitude” when our EU partners have agreed to meet, comprehensively, the concerns of the Irish people?."
As you know , there was very little of that sentiment towards Cameron and that has contributed to the current situation in no small part.

But for the fact that Ireland had other problems at this time , it could so easily have been an exit. If the EU had chosen to be very hard with Ireland , the second Referendum there may not have even taken place.
So it is not irrelevant and I simply want to point out that , handled in a better way on both sides, we may have been in a better position.

Does the EU “have its members backs”? Certainly not militarily–that would be NATO, and even they have conceded that they would not be able to prevent, say, a Russian annexation of the Baltics. Economically, the rich countries of the bloc have collectively turned a deaf ear to the problems of the poor ones, and seem unconcerned by such things as high unemployment or (in Greece) collapsing social services. There is an increasing tendency for EU countries to try to punish those who buck the “party line” (or rather, the positions of a few influential countries) on things like immigration, and a similar vindictive spirit can be seen in the Brexit negotiations. Spain has let its problems with Catalonia guide its policy towards regions like Scotland. I would personally like to see the EU plunge into another continent-wide war.

1 Like

As I predicted , EU has agreed to a delay. Macron has stated that if Parliament does not vote for any plan proposed, that we leave with no deal.
Some choice .:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So now Parliament has to change a Law they passed enabling Article 50 to happen , deal or no deal , last time.

That has always been her plan. Either back her deal or everyone crashes and burns.

1 Like

Even the Remain Media can see the folly of her deal.

Dracula?

2 Likes

the consequences are not bad at all
The no deal Survival guide. Hang tight Jerry is about to test are resolve again.

I suspect that we are never going to need it.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Have those people been to Taiwan?

It’s mostly Taiwanese ppl calling Taiwan poor :rofl:

2 Likes