Bridge mode with kbro router? (Hitron CCR-30364)

Hi everyone!

As I told you before, I’m having quite a few difficulties with my kbro connection, and I think the main issue is this crappy Hitron CCR-30364 router provided by the ISP.

I am now thinking of using a dedicated, capable router to handle the connections, and to setup the Hitron router in bridge mode (in this mode, the router does nothing but passing the traffic downstream to the new router I will get).

Question #1: How to setup the Hitron router in Bridge mode? I’m almost certain I saw this option a few months ago, but impossible to find it back in the admin interface!
FYI, here are the info from my router:

Vendor identification: Hitron Technologies Model Name: CCR-30364 DOCSIS mode: DOCSIS 3.0 HW version: 1B SW version: 3.1.1.35-TW-pre2 Boot rom version: PSPU-Boot 1.0.16.22-H2.9.0

I looked in every tabs of every parts and couldn’t find the Bridge mode option… any idea?

Question #2: What router can I trust to handle Bittorrent traffic and my NAS connectivity properly?

Ideally, this router would:

• handle multiple Bittorrent connections, a home server and a NAS
  • has some kind of uPnP capabilities
  • be compatible with the open source OpenWRT firmware in case the original software is not updated or is not fit my requirements.
  • cost between 3000 and 4000 NT.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I put my findings here for reference, some people might find that interesting.

This option did exist before, but was later on removed by the manufacturer (I got the info from a kbro technician).
The only way to activate the bridge mode now is to call the kbro customer service. They set it up and restart the Hitron modem over the network.

[quote=“Pierrrrrrre”]Question #2: What router can I trust to handle Bittorrent traffic and my NAS connectivity properly?

Ideally, this router would:

• handle multiple Bittorrent connections, a home server and a NAS
  • has some kind of uPnP capabilities
  • be compatible with the open source OpenWRT firmware in case the original software is not updated or is not fit my requirements.
  • cost between 3000 and 4000 NT.
    [/quote]

After a bit of researching, I found a few Asus routers that have two marketing arguments I’m looking for: the ability to handle a lot of multiple P2P connections and the fact that you can install open source firmware on it. For example, the Asus RT-N16 or the RT-N66U. I think I’m gonna go with the latter and see how it goes. If I still experience problems, I’ll just leave kbro and go back to Chunghwa Telecom.

1 Like

Alright, a little bit of follow up here:

kbro is the crappiest service I’ve ever used. They throttle every P2P connection to the point where you cannot do any P2P!

After a lot of testing, I discovered that by using a VPN, my 20 Mbps upload connection was going from 6 kB/s to 200+ kB/s (which is still ridiculous, so I suppose kbro also throttles this kind of traffic as well!)

Anyway, as a conclusion:

[color=#FF0000]Do not use kbro![/color]

This is ancient, but the top post of Google. Many years later, still useful! Thx! There used to be a separate ‘csadmin’ login that doesn’t seem to exist, anymore.

Please bump this if anyone in the future finds a trick other than calling them. What do you even call “Bridge Mode” in Chinese?