Brilliant Smile

On my way home from happy hour last night, I ran into old guy who was really funny and brilliant.
When I rode my scooter and enjoyed the midsummer night, I was stopped because of the red light.
While I was thinking about the structure of my fiction, an old guy stopped next to me. I wasn’t paying attention to him at first, but then he did one thing which got me stare at him.

He put his hand into his mouth, took out upper row of his teeth and started clearing his teeth with his filthy fingers. He rubbed his teeth on his shoulder, and then put them back. He took out his lower row of teeth, and repeated similar clearing process.

Oh, Gosh! It was really gross!

He turned to look at me and gave me a ‘brilliant’ smile, and he rode away, leaving me astonished on the street.

I wonder if he wanted to give me a smile so that he cleared his teeth first.
I should take my cell phone and videotape what I did. Too bad I missed it.

Life does have its beautiful moments!

Thanks, this is a really good comment!

It reflects what I am feeling now. :slight_smile:

You want a brilliant smile?

That’s a brilliant story, kate.lin! You’re so lucky to have witnessed it :slight_smile:

I think ‘clearing’ is definitely the word to use here. He obviously wasn’t cleaning them.

Oops! You got me!

I wouldn’t worry about it kate.lin, your Chinese is undoubtedly about 100 times better than mine. Sit back and enjoy the brilliant smile I posted instead.

[quote=“kate.lin”]On my way home from happy hour last night, I ran into old guy who was really funny and brilliant.
When I rode my scooter and enjoyed the midsummer night, I was stopped because of the red light.
While I was thinking about the structure of my fiction, an old guy stopped next to me. I wasn’t paying attention to him at first, but then he did one thing which got me stare at him.

He put his hand into his mouth, took out upper row of his teeth and started clearing his teeth with his filthy fingers. He rubbed his teeth on his shoulder, and then put them back. He took out his lower row of teeth, and repeated similar clearing process.

Oh, Gosh! It was really gross!

He turned to look at me and gave me a ‘brilliant’ smile, and he rode away, leaving me astonished on the street.

I wonder if he wanted to give me a smile so that he cleared his teeth first.
I should take my cell phone and videotape what I did. Too bad I missed it.[/quote]

If MrsHill ever chucks me, can I take you to dinner sometime?

[quote=“TomHill”]

If MrsHill ever chucks me, can I take you to dinner sometime?[/quote]

Welll, if you can pull out your teeth and clean them, and give me a brilliang smile, I will think about it. :wink:

Utterly remarkable smile I say, as I listen to my octogenarian neighbour clear his phlegm for the 47th time today and spit the aforementioned right next to my front doorstep…

How many kids this age do you see in Taiwan with healthy teeth?

Most have rotting black stumps or wayward vampire like extrusions threatening civilisation as we know it. This ( I am told) is due to the unquestionable logic that their teeth are going to fall out anyway so why bother instilling healthy dental hygiene at an early age.

Jesus, he’s doing it again… It sounds like he is going to die every time he expectorates, do any of you have the same problem with hawking spitting neighbours and their dogs that shit on your doormat?

Great story, maybe he was trying to prepare himself to kiss you. You did say you were coming home from happy hour. He might of noticed you were in the mood. Did it turn you on :wink: :wink:

I don’t think the old guy was so desperately to chase after a Taiwanese OBASAN.
He was probably showing off his brand new fake teeth and recommended I buy one pair!

Are you sure it is a “Smile”?
When people put their teeth back ,they look like smiling but they dont.
They may just adjust their teeth.Like this :smiley: .

[quote=“wisher”]Are you sure it is a “Smile”?
When people put their teeth back ,they look like smiling but they dont.
They may just adjust their teeth.Like this :smiley: .[/quote]

You break my self-illusion of my charming that I could attract strangers on the street! :brokenheart: