Bring in the Republic of England

They’re bred by game keepers these days. Bred to be hunted Sir! A few areas of the country they’re still natural most are bred. (not including the city foxes where it’s safer from the hounds of the upper classes ).

1 Like

I always giggle when I hear people complaining about the monarchy costing their tax pound when the politicians, also paid by these taxes, are literally vampires sucking them dry.

3 Likes

They aren’t remotely comparable.

Really ? Never knew that. Also it thought fix hunting had become illegal there?
In Ireland they are wild I’m pretty sure. It’s pretty cool when you come across them at night.

1 Like

True. They aren’t remotely close to the awfulness of politicians these days.

1 Like

Politicians are elected and can be turfed out after four years. They aren’t paid all that highly. Some might get a pension if they are lucky. They do have to work for their constituents. They have to listen to the public constantly moaning about stuff.

There were wild ones when I was a child but yes really most are bred by a game keeper. They can run semi wild like a pheasant but the den is man made, foxes protected and "managed " until the hunt. It’s lucrative opening up land to a hunt for a local noble man or nouveau rich want to be noble men. They still carry on the peculiar traditions such as to "bloody " the virgin of the hunt :thinking: etc. They kill the fox with an eagle if the cameras are there otherwise they let the hounds rip it up. They used to shoot them when it was legal and cameras watching. I thought the Anglo Irish still fox hunt in Ireland ?

Apparently they’re a net source of income.
Captain?

2 Likes

Yeah if you discount their MASSIVE land holdings and assets and the massive security costs associated with them. Ridiculous.
Do people think the palaces and museums and the UK will get no visitors without the inbreds?
If they weren’t there you’d have 5x more amazing places to visit.

1 Like

France and Italy have castles yet they sit in disrepair cause nobody visits them. There is something magical about traditions of the past. Same with old and historic buildings, traditions and more. There is something magical about real kings and queens since most places dont have them anymore.

Get rid of the royals and they simply become the biggest landowners in the UR.

3 Likes

yeah but do these lands actually belong to the family? In that case parliament has case to strip them of them. You get rid of the inbreds, they stop giving you the profits from their lands.
Stonks↑

1 Like

The lands actually belong to the family.

1 Like

That was good I admit. I’ve often wondered if tourists would come to see the castles anyway if there were no royals. This film said not in as much numbers especially American visitors.

ER :latin_cross:
English Republic

1 Like

LMAO at the inbred comment.
I wonder if the Thai and Japanese royals are inbred too. There has been a trend of marrying the odd commoner these days.

No there isn’t. :grin:

Oh they give you the profit from the land , your own land that they own and control on behalf of you, how nice of them :grin:.

Also the broader aristocracy still owns up to one third of the land in the UK.

Here peasants , have a few golden crumbs while you live in your decrepit council houses and high rises, send your kids to the local cruddy public school and commute on the over crowded motorways to your crappy jobs :sunglasses:.

That’s your opinion. The numbers say otherwise.

Ireland has many reasons to express distaste for the UK. They have their independence and run an awesome country with their own special things. But the monarchy is so ingrained in the UK that it is hard to imagine it without. And then replacing all of the iconic monarchy symbols would come at extreme expense. And then they would still be paying for the same expenses on the president except the president is now a boring old crusty politician.

No I wouldn’t like them anyway. I have a distaste for being told to keep in my place.

The expenses of a President are nothing like the upkeep of a large and distributed Royal family. My distaste goes further to massive inherited wealth which they protect through trust funds…

Crusher agrees with me . Up the Republic of England !

Most billionaires operate under massive amts of inherited wealth. Donald Trump is a big example.

Being a republic does not end this.

1 Like