Bring my step daughter here for short term vacation

Is it possible to bring my step daughter here for a short term vacation? Actually we’re working in her surname being change to my surname but that will take some times to process, so currently she still bear the surname of my wife.Would it be possible to grant her a visitor’s visa? My wife and my two kids already have their resident visa approved.Thanks

How long do you want her to stay? And what is her nationality?

I would imagine her surname is irrelevant. And you’re not her father anyway.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]How long do you want her to stay? And what is her nationality?

I would imagine her surname is irrelevant. And you’re not her father anyway.[/quote]

Hi Fluffy thanks, the vacation is only for 1 month and we’re from Philippines.If it is irrelevant then what should I need to process to bring her here.Thanks

How short is short term? You might not even need a visa.

1 month

Ah yeah, sorry, I didn’t see that for whatever reason. Yeah, you need a visa for her. I would just apply with whatever her legal name is. Wouldn’t think that there would be a problem. I don’t know what the law is in the phillipines, but in most countries I think you need approval from both of her birth parents to bring her out of the country, so that’s something you’d have to work out on your own with your own gov’t. I could be wrong, but that’s just my 2c.