Bring Starworld back you nasty cable people

Does Taipei/Khh still have Starworld.

Anybody know why Tainan lost it. Does anybody have starworld in Tainan?

[quote=“bigal”]Does Taipei/Khh still have Starworld.

Anybody know why Tainan lost it. Does anybody have starworld in Tainan?[/quote]
We have it in Taipei… but our reception is really shit these days (although could just be my house)

I’m in Niaosong. My cable company lists Star World as channel 95 on their information channel, but all I get is snow…

I live on the outskirts of Taichung, DaKeng more than anything, but somehow we’re zoned Taichung County… We still get Star World on regular cable, always have, where as mates a block or two North West, further from downtown, but zoned as Taichung City don’t… How the hell they reckon county dwelling hicks, er, like me apparently :blush:, are in greater need of English programming than city types, I can’t imagine… But I’m not complaining…

Some cable companies have it, some don’t. My wife’s mom has it, we don’t and we’re only about 2 km from one another (different district though). From my experience here it comes and goes at the cable comanies’ whims.

Deal with it. They don’t give a shit about any complaints.

I get it on Digivision here in Taichung City. The reception is good, but the bastards seem to think American Idol is more important than the Simpsons.

…awaiting for the satellite tv guy to make his pitch here anytime.

god i hated the taiwanese cable companies. the commercial breaks were so long with additional ads that on many occasions i couldn’t even recall what i was watching. i had cable for about three months and such was way too long to be giving money to those crooks.

I complained and complained and finally about 1.5 years ago they put it back on ch. 107, had to buy an new cable converter because the old one had only 99 ch.

BBC is on ch. 116

Have MOD too and get TV5, Australia network and CNBC

[quote=“Funk500”][quote=“bigal”]Does Taipei/Khh still have Starworld.

We have it in Taipei… but our reception is really shit these days (although could just be my house)[/quote]
Really? What channel? I think I lost it.

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“Funk500”][quote=“bigal”]Does Taipei/Khh still have Starworld.

We have it in Taipei… but our reception is really shit these days (although could just be my house)[/quote]
Really? What channel? I think I lost it.[/quote]

I think around 110

Nope. That’s where I lost it from. 110 is now blank to me :frowning:

Move all to Sanxia, strength is in the numbers … if we have 100 foreigners living here they need to service us …

I’m in Taipei. Star World used to be on 107. Disappeared many moons ago. Very depressing.

Starworld is ok, normally … but now is American Idol season … duh …

The funniest thing about the Star World mess is that cable companies are actually given all “star” channels in a package, including Star World. I asked the Star guys a few years ago, and they told me as much but also mentioned many cable companies prefer to stick be paid to show buddhist shows or what-not instead of it…

I had a big cable rant a while ago here, so I won’t get into it again. But I will say they’re going more and more down hill by the month, and nobody seems to really be doing anything about it.

Isn’t there a deadline to switch to all digital signals? Anyone heard of any HD channels? Would Apple’s new AppleTV work here?

Haha, just kidding.

I get starworld, but I pay for it on digital; an extra service offered by my cable company.

Damn Straight.
Yesterday they played 4 hours of the same swill, twice over. & it was on agin today. They must have some strange replay rights that stipulate that they must only play it 8.5 times in the same 36 hour period.

Who the fugg is programming this shite?
Why are repeats of The Office curtailed?
What’s with Hollywood Squares at 7:30 in the morning?

Even with the digital, most of starworld has gone to shite.
Not the gem it used to be.

Though the SkyNews 'cast from the UK is a nice change of pace. :blush: