Sorry if this belongs in some prior thread, but I haven’t found any that quite sem to fit the bill.
My wife, 6 1/2 year old daughter and I will be moving to Keelung in two weeks, and we’re not sure about whether to bring certain things with us, get them there, or forget about it. I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have:
- Sewing machine. How much for a basic model suitable for making clothes?
- Camping equipment. Is there much of any place to camp, accessible by public transport and not too long a hike?
- Show and sock for my size 13 feet. (I need new Nike Air running shoes about every 6 months and walking-style, black shoes at least once a year for teaching).
- English books for our daughter, especially chapter books (she’s past Junie B. but not quite up to Harry Potter, at least, not on her own, though she’s close). Is there much at that level available in libraries?
- Yeast for baking. (And while we’re on the subject, are whole wheat, bread, and rye flour at all available?)
More in the future.
Thanks for any help you can give us.