Bringing foreign children over

I have a resident visa/work permit and am planning to bring my child over. Is this possible?

What should I do?

Assuming that the “child” is under the age of twenty, I suggest that you get a resident visa for him/her, based on the fact that the child is your dependant.

Does Taiwan recognise foreign adoptions ? Would the JFRV be available to adopted children ?

I would guess that if you could prove to the satisfaction of the ROC government authorities that the adoption was valid, then you could bring the child here.

However, there may be few written rules/regulations about such unusual procedures, and hence it may be very hard to determine what the real legal requirements are.