Bringing my hamster to taiwan

please dont’ make fun of me…or even make a comment …about the value of my hamster!!!

ok …question…i’m considering bringing my hamster to taiwan…my mother loves him!! does anyone know taiwan’s regulations on this? airline’ procedures? is this even possible? Thanks

[quote]please dont’ make fun of me…or even make a comment …about the value of my hamster!!!
[/quote]

I’m trying not to … I’m trying really hard not to. :laughing:

I think you’d need to contact the individual airlines to find out their rodent travel policies. As for your hamster, do you really think he’d be up for a transpacific flight and a new life in Taiwan? Mine kicked the bucket after a very short trip indeed – from the top of the piano to the floor.

I dont know the situation for importing from Canada.
I know that it is not possible from China. I exported my Taiwanese hamster to China without a problem (had to fly via Macau as Hong Kong wouldnt accept). However when I wanted to bring it back to Taiwan 18months later Taiwan would not allow it …yes even though it was a Taiwanese hamster. This may have been because TW feared that the hamster had been indoctrinated with communist ideology while in the PRC. Hence you need to check for restriction on Canada.

WTF? Scuba, are you stupid, or what? EVERYONE knows that hamsters are particularly susceptible to communist ideology – as a hamster owner yourself, I’m surprised you didn’t know that. Did he pick up any Portuguese on his trip through Macau? I know, I know – probably just the swear words, eh?

You could probably smuggle the critter in. Just pray they don’t do a cavity search when you go through customs. Try to walk normally. :sunglasses:

[quote] Mine kicked the bucket after a very short trip indeed – from the top of the piano to the floor.
[/quote]
hahaha…brilliant :smiley:

Sandman, I believe my hamster resisted the attractions of communism.In fact if anything he was politically right of centre being unwilling to share his food with anyone…this made the decision of the TW government particularly ironic…& yet somehow consistent with thier other decisions on such matters.

The PRC approach was also interesting. They sent a vet round to my house in Shanghai to ensure the hamster was being kept in " a suitable
environment" . God knows what an unsuitable house would be for what is basically a rat without a tail.