Brit ambas. speaks out on Bush alliance with ruthless tyrant

(Sorry, this is a re-posting under a different heading. My original title was too vague, and the responses were only mildly relevent to the thread.)

What’s the best way to stop international terrorism? Stop engaging in it, and stop allying ourselves with those that do! These are some very apt (paraphrased) words of one of the all-time most hated critics of US foreign policy among cheap laborites – Noam Chomsky.

Now before the cheap laborites of this website begin with the ad-hominem attacks, let me get to a specific case which underscores Chomsky’s words - that of the Bush government’s reprehensible relationship with the brutal and tyrannical regime of Karimov of Uzbekistan, a man described as “every bit as bad as Saddam” by former British ambassador to Uzbekistan, Craig Murray.

In this in-depth interview with Amy Goodman, Murray describes the long-standing friendly relationship of Bush with Uzbec dictator Karimov – hooked up by none other than the infamous Kenneth Lay of Enron, who introduced then governor Bush to Uzbec ambassador Safayev to conclude a billion-dollar gas deal.

[quote] Karimov is one of the most vicious dictators in the world, a man who is responsible for the death of thousands of people. Prisoners are boiled to death in Uzbek jails. And he was a guest in the White House in 2002. It’s very easy to find photos of George Bush shaking Karimov’s hand. Rumsfeld is particularly chummy with Karimov, so

PS - Mod, if you happen to notice this, please make Tainan Cowboy’s post the main subject of my previous thread (“Want to win the war on terror?”) and rename the thread, since his post elicited numerous responses but had only a tangential connection with my post…