British Guys

We prefer to be described as the dog’s bollocks, though.

[quote]Quote:
Brit guys are dead cute btw

We prefer to be described as the dog’s bollocks, though.[/quote]

Crikey, anyway the wind blows, eh?

HG

What is it with the whole Brit guy thing? I mean is it fashionable, or do we really look different to other white guys. First came accross this with Aussie friends in Vietnam but have heard similar comments several times since coming to Taiwan.

Please note that not all British guys are gentlemen, we speak and dress the way we do because we were raised speaking and dressing that way, and of course the most reliable, eligible for marriage Brits are married in Britain…=-)

BTW, please don’t point this out to my local gf.

I hate to break this to you, but it’s really just an ongoing joke. Kind of like a conspiracy among the rest of the world to fool you into thinking that. Sorry.

Accent is hot, though. If that makes you feel any better. … Not as hot as Irish, though. Sorry. Again.

[quote]
Please note that not all British guys are gentlemen, we speak and dress the way we do because we were raised speaking and dressing that way, and of course the most reliable, eligible for marriage Brits are married in Britain…=-)[/quote]
This actually is very true. Funny how most people mistaken common, traditional upbringing with individual qualities. It took me a while to figure this one out. You guys should come with a manual.

If you let us know where we can find your local gf, we’ll make sure we don’t.

BTW, what does “local gf” mean? Local, as opposed to what?

[quote=“Edgar Allen”]What is it with the whole Brit guy thing? I mean is it fashionable, or do we really look different to other white guys. First came accross this with Aussie friends in Vietnam but have heard similar comments several times since coming to Taiwan.

Please note that not all British guys are gentlemen, we speak and dress the way we do because we were raised speaking and dressing that way, and of course the most reliable, eligible for marriage Brits are married in Britain…=-)

BTW, please don’t point this out to my local gf.[/quote]

That’s maybe because in TW there is Americana-overkill. Almost nearly everyone speaks English with an American (North American) accent. So when someone speaks English like a Brit, Irish, South African, etc… It’s refreshing. So it IS the accent.

[quote=“mlpgd”][quote=“Edgar Allen”]What is it with the whole Brit guy thing? I mean is it fashionable, or do we really look different to other white guys. First came accross this with Aussie friends in Vietnam but have heard similar comments several times since coming to Taiwan.

BTW, please don’t point this out to my local gf.[/quote]

That’s maybe because in TW there is Americana-overkill. Almost nearly everyone speaks English with an American (North American) accent. So when someone speaks English like a Brit, Irish, South African, etc… It’s refreshing. So it IS the accent.[/quote]

I agree its all because of Brit accent!!! I think ppl in taiwan are not that keen to brit accent tho, in contrast to my asian-american mates find brit accent are irresistible! :wink:

I don’t mind the accent myself, but can’t stand the disappearing chin thing. :wink:

Hang on! I’m English…ergo sum I don’t have an accent

:slight_smile:

Just kidding guys.

Buy that drink a man! :notworthy:

but why do all brits sound gay then?

This brit has always done it for me as well as this one…

In fact he makes my toes curl…grrrrrlllllllllllllllll :smiley:

But Brosnan is Irish :s

Wishful thinking?

Your point is?!?!? It’s right next to England. And if he’s from the North part of Ireland, he’s “English” right? :smiley:

ahh… but if we follow that logic Nama… that makes you Mexican

People from offshore the British Isles, we don’t care, all you English, Welsh, Scots, Irish, and Manx are all the same to us. You all speak funny and live on a bunch of rocky islands off the coast of France where it rains all the time.

No relatives on the rainy rocks?

No relatives on the rainy rocks?[/quote]

It’s been about 200, 300 years.

Chicago isn’t anywhere near the Mexican boarders. :unamused:

Wishful thinking?[/quote]
Oohh! You are awful… but I like you!