British Man kills Taiwanese wife in Boracay, Philippines

Original Title: Biritsh man kills wife

Saturday, February 24 2007 @ 05:57 PM GMT

Provincial
Authorities in the island resort of Boracay said based on their initial investigation, jealousy was the motive behind the British national’s killing early Friday morning of his Taiwanese wife inside their rented room at a beach resort in the island.

The gruesome killing was discovered by the Boracay Special Tourist Police Office (BSTPO) after the 40-year-old suspect Carl Andrew Foster approached a lady policeman inside a restaurant located in Sitio Manggayad, Brgy. Manoc-Manoc, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan and admitted he had killed his wife Fu Chia-ning, 43, inside their rented room in Casa Pilar Beach Resort.

The couple reportedly went out of the resort around 11 p.m. Thursday. Foster went back alone inside their room, furious and locked the door.

Later, the victim arrived and tried to call Foster to open the door. Foster reportedly ignored her prompting the victim to seek the help of a security guard for her to enter the room.

As soon as she entered, Foster allegedly hit her several times in the head with a glass bottle. The victim begged him to stop beating her but her cry fell on deaf ears.

The suspect also strangulated his wife before he left the resort at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and proceeded to Luna Rossa restaurant where he approached PO2 Lyn Banez of the BSTPO and disclosed the incident to her.

BSTPO operatives proceeded to the Casa Pilar Resort and found Chia-ning dead and lying in a pool of blood inside their room.

Foster and Chia-ning, both residents of Neiku district, Taipei, Taiwan reportedly arrived in the country few weeks ago to spend vacation in Boracay Island.

The suspect was placed under the custody of BSTPO for further investigation. (PNA)

– This email has been scanned by the Balita server.

:astonished: Geez. Anyone here know Carl Andrew Foster or his wife Fu Chia-ning?

[quote=“bigal”]Saturday, February 24 2007 @ 05:57 PM GMT

Provincial
Authorities in the island resort of Boracay said based on their initial investigation, jealousy was the motive behind the British national’s killing early Friday morning of his Taiwanese wife inside their rented room at a beach resort in the island.

The gruesome killing was discovered by the Boracay Special Tourist Police Office (BSTPO) after the 40-year-old suspect Carl Andrew Foster approached a lady policeman inside a restaurant located in Sitio Manggayad, Brgy. Manoc-Manoc, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan and admitted he had killed his wife Fu Chia-ning, 43, inside their rented room in Casa Pilar Beach Resort.

The couple reportedly went out of the resort around 11 p.m. Thursday. Foster went back alone inside their room, furious and locked the door.

Later, the victim arrived and tried to call Foster to open the door. Foster reportedly ignored her prompting the victim to seek the help of a security guard for her to enter the room.

As soon as she entered, Foster allegedly hit her several times in the head with a glass bottle. The victim begged him to stop beating her but her cry fell on deaf ears.

The suspect also strangulated his wife before he left the resort at about 1:30 a.m. Friday and proceeded to Luna Rossa restaurant where he approached PO2 Lyn Banez of the BSTPO and disclosed the incident to her.

BSTPO operatives proceeded to the Casa Pilar Resort and found Chia-ning dead and lying in a pool of blood inside their room.

Foster and Chia-ning, both residents of Neiku district, Taipei, Taiwan reportedly arrived in the country few weeks ago to spend vacation in Boracay Island.

The suspect was placed under the custody of BSTPO for further investigation. (PNA)

– This email has been scanned by the Balita server.[/quote]

wow…anyone know this chap?

What a terrible thing.

I imagine he will be charged in the Phillipines then?

I assume “Neiku” is a typo for “Neihu”. I’ve never heard of these people myself.

Why is it that all I got from this was “Haha! They said Strangulated!”

Oh yeah. That’s the caffeine.

His address is given by G o o g l e’s cache of philstar.com/philstar/pinoy200702267001.htm as 9th Floor 131 Section 6 Minyuane Road, Neiki District, Taipei City. [sic]
Presumably Minquan E Rd, Neihu.

Another wacco. Geez.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]His address is given by G o o g l e’s cache of philstar.com/philstar/pinoy200702267001.htm as 9th Floor 131 Section 6 Minyuane Road, Neiki District, Taipei City. [sic]
Presumably Minquan E Rd, Neihu.[/quote]

just down the road from my office…i’ll pop in after work for a snoop…

You know this is going to be all over media like crazy and foreign men are evil.

Yikes…I was just there :s :frowning:

New stupid question for people to ask your Taiwanese wives:
“Aren’t you afraid he’s going to bash your head in and strangulate you?”

Very sad, of course. My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

At what point does anger for your wife leading to smashing a bottle round her head and strangling her?

[quote=“TomHill”]All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

At what point does anger for your wife leading to smashing a bottle round her head and strangling her?[/quote]
At the point when you become a complete coward.

[quote=“igorveni”][quote=“TomHill”]All the mid-40’s men married to locals won’t go out tonight. They will be sat home thinking… “That could have been me!”

At what point does anger for your wife leading to smashing a bottle round her head and strangling her?[/quote]
At the point when you become a complete coward.[/quote]

So thats somewhere is your 40’s then? :smiley:

For him, yep.

See, I don’t know. Sometimes your brain doesn’t process the information you are given. And it makes you unable to think. It can make you act a bit crazy. I remember when I found out my ex was a cheating whore (with multiple other partners over an extended period of time) being completely incapable of processing the information. He wanted to stay and work it out. But I remember every time he touched me (as I was begging him to get the f out of my house) both my stomach and head would feel sick and cold.
I’m not capable of murder because I’m not the violent type. But if I could have wished him out of existence, I would have. I think you have to have experienced what it feels like to be shocked with this kind of information about someone you love and trust to be able to judge someone for losing it. Yes, murder is completely crazy. But I think sometimes people just go out of their mind with the inability to cope.
And I also think that even the most sane person has their point of ability to murder. During my freshman year of college I had to leave in the middle of finals for an unknown family emergency. When I got home it was that my baby sister (14 at the time) was in the ICU because she had been brutally (and I do mean brutally) raped. When that man was sitting in front of us in the court room I kept thinking how much of a good this it was that there were people everywhere to keep me from doing something incredibly stupid. My dad later told me that he felt the guilty verdict was a life saver because he had been horrified as to how he would cope if the man got away with it.
That is much more intense than someone cheating, yes. But to him, she may have been his world. And thus he couldn’t cope. My ex was not my world. Honestly, if my current cheated it would hurt worse. But I could never hurt him any way because he is someone I love. But that is me. And this guys way of coping was clearly different.
Point is, that yeah. He was nuts. But love is passion and passion makes you nuts.

And there lies the difference.
On another note, was she cheating on him?

Google “Carl Andrew Foster”. It looks like he was a doctor, general practitioner from Leeds. Maybe he should date that diaper-astronaut chick.