Brits better get out the checkbook!

I love it.

Ugandans to sue over colonialism

The Bunyoro-Kitara kingdom in Uganda, says it is suing the UK for alleged atrocities committed by its soldiers during the colonial period.

A spokesman for the Kingdom Ernest Kizza told the BBC they are seeking

That’ OK. The Brits will just charge 1 pound for every English word spoken in Uganda since the colonial period. Anyway, Uganda is on the economic up now simply because we Brits set down a good solid infrastructure in the first place. British colonial rule in Uganda was a good thing. Just imagine how much more screwed up it would have been had the French had it. This case won’t get very far and I doubt Yoweri Museveni gives it much merit either :uk:

Yup. And importing slaves to America was a good thing because now African-Americans are by far richer and better off than any other group of black people in the world. So slavery was a good thing.

But seriously, I’m glad this suit is being filed, because it points up the silliness of the current reparations for slavery movement in the U.S. If every person whose ancestors were abused by someone else’s ancestors got their compensation…well, we’d all be both recepients and taxpayers of such aid, so it would all even out. :laughing:

You, sir, may choose to disregard the timeless Russian proverb that:

[color=blue]нелепостью в обороне равности будет никакая препона[/color]

:but you do so at your own peril.

[quote=“spook”]You, sir, may choose to disregard the timeless Russian proverb that:

[color=blue]нелепостью в обороне равности будет никакая препона[/color]

:but you do so at your own peril.[/quote]

Aaaah the “old nelepostyu v oborone ravnosti budet nikakaya prepona” proverb eh?

That certainly shut me up. Can’t argue with that.