Broetchen

bob I need to ask you a sincere question, and I want an honest answer, please, this is a matter of the utmost importance:

WHERE oh WHERE do you get Broetchen in Taipei??? And please don’t lie … :wink:
To show your sincerity or if you want to keep it a secret, you can even answer in German. That way, when anybody else asks me, I can send them in the opposite direction and said that’s what YOU said :smiley: :sunglasses: And we’ll both have our Broetchens and eat them - I promise I won’t buy every last one I see, when I see them :laughing:

bob I need to ask you a sincere question, and I want an honest answer, please, this is a matter of the utmost importance:

WHERE oh WHERE do you get Broetchen in Taipei??? And please don’t lie … :wink:
To show your sincerity or if you want to keep it a secret, you can even answer in German. That way, when anybody else asks me, I can send them in the opposite direction and said that’s what YOU said :smiley: :sunglasses: And we’ll both have our Broetchens and eat them - I promise I won’t buy every last one I see, when I see them :laughing:[/quote]

Haha. Actually I did not buy them here. But I bought other bread in them in Wendel’s cafe, it is the German Cafe and bakery/bistro in Taipei. I only saw the french version “petite pan” (I forgot correct spelling)" there. But I think they could have Broetchen.

Wendel’s German Bakery & Bistro

De Shing West Road, No.5
Taipei,  Tienmu
Taiwan
Tel: +886 2 2831 4592
Fax:+886 2 2831 4477
Mobil:+886 932 237 377
mail:michael.wendel@msa.hinet.net 

Also other nations are there :wink:

TO TELL YOU WRONG DIRECTION: this is keepting the face again !!! If you ask them and they do not know the way in their own hometown, they loose their face! So it is better to … lie … to you then to tell you they do not know.
Same goes when someone does not want to answer another question. They rather tell you a “lie” than to say “I will not answer you”. Lies are not really lies here. That is what I wanted to express in my original post.

But really I do not care what and why, I only want Broetchen.

Hi,

Yesterday I went to Miramar Shopping Center in Neihu, north of Taipei, where the IMAX theatre is located. Down on level B1 is the food court and there is a bakery place, did not look like anything special, but on one of the displays they had something that looked like Broetchen, maybe a little darker, but you could still recognize it. So I told myself, what the heck, for NT$ 10 it is worth a try, so I bought one. Just the touch felt like home, nice and crusty. The first bite made a big crunch, and crumps were flying all over me. The insight was soft and rich, and the outside nice and crunchy. I don’t think any bakery in Germany could have made them any better. They also had other crunchy looking bread supplies there like Baquette’s etc. And once
you are there make sure you stop at the IMAX and watch The Polar Express on the big screen in 3D. It is worth it. Good luck shopping.