Broken PowerBook...where to go for repairs please?

My PowerBook G4 keeps sending up the “You must restart your computer” error message and it keeps asking me to restart over and over. I dont know if it is a memory issue, a Firefox upgrade issue, etc., so would like to get it repaired ASAP.

Is there someplace I can bring the PowerBook for a diagnosis and to get it repaired? Would prefer a trustworthy place since I can’t even back-up the laptop given all the stop/starts. I am located in Taipei, so someplace near Hsinyi / Da’an / within city limits would be great. Any address and telephone number would be greatly appreciated.

I did try to repair disk permissions, but no dice. :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Should I bring it to Studio A in New York New York? What about the repair center at Yung Kang St. #11? Are either of these the place to go?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Take it to the main apple sales and repair shop in Guanghua Shangchung (spelling), ala, the computer area. It’s at 15 Bade rd, Section 1.

優仕地址:台北市八德路一段15號(近八德路與新生北路口)
營業時間:10:00~22:00
服務電話:(02) 3322-3733

That’s the main place and they’re very reputable. There’s threads about their service littered though the tech forum going back 8 years. 1st floor of their building is sales, 2nd floor is their coffee lounge/learning centre and 3rd floor is repairs. It’s opposite to the starbucks.

Yep. That’s the place to go.

Hello! I have a similar dilemna. My macbook laptop won’t start up… I’ve contemplated sending it back home for repairs, but perhaps this would be the place to try. I do have a few questions though.

Any idea about the cost of the diagnosis or how much they charge for repairs (e.x. for parts or hourly tech work)? Is it comparable to the US? More? Less?

My computer is still under its protection plan, but the paperwork is at home. I’m assuming this place is a certified repair facility… if I track down the protection plan number or have the paperwork mailed to me, would it be possible to have the repair done under warrantee?

Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be most welcome!! :slight_smile:

You can view and print out copies of your AppleCare agreements here: selfsolve.apple.com/Agreements.do

Thanks! I’ll give it a try :slight_smile: