Bruce Lee brought back for a Johnnie Walker ad

So BBH and other guy made this commercial to promote Johnnie Walker, with fantastic results, but some people thing is unfair using his likeness to promote alcohol and others are upset because he is not speaking Cantonese (my wife says that is speaking Mandarin with a Cantonese accent. Nevertheless the did a fantastic job.

And here is the behind the scenes for those who enjoy those things.

It was a great great video but I hate fake ass CGI stuff inserted in the middle without any warning.

That was really impressive, although there were a few times I thought the animation was kind of cheesy looking. Dude Bruce Lee even speak Mandarin, btw?

Also, this is the first time I’ve noticed there is a slight resemblence between Bruce and Wang Leehom. Too bad Leehom never focused on martial arts.

I couldn’t see the video originally so confused them, it’s actually a version of this video doing the rounds that I was referring to.
youtube.com/watch?v=SncapPrTusA

Yeah, that nunchucks video is pretty impressive too but you can see how they avoided so much his face at the beginning that gives it away, they use to love showing his face expressions, and the guy is great an the nunchuks, but his body is ages away from Bruce Lee’s.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]That was really impressive, although there were a few times I thought the animation was kind of cheesy looking. Dude Bruce Lee even speak Mandarin, btw?

Also, this is the first time I’ve noticed there is a slight resemblence between Bruce and Wang Leehom. Too bad Leehom never focused on martial arts.[/quote]

I think in this case, the Bruce Lee look-like is Danny Kwok-Kwan Chan, the guy from the Stephen Chow movies, apparently he even acted as BL on his own series, I bet he felt kinda hearth broken after they altered his appearance so much.

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]That was really impressive, although there were a few times I thought the animation was kind of cheesy looking. Dude Bruce Lee even speak Mandarin, btw?

Also, this is the first time I’ve noticed there is a slight resemblence between Bruce and Wang Leehom. Too bad Leehom never focused on martial arts.[/quote]

Wang does have an old movie where he’s sort of a futuristic martial arts expert… and there is the new one he’s in, made recently in the US with Chris Hemsworth -the Thor guy- i think.

I’ve always loved Bruce Lee. The first movie I ever saw in a movie theater was games of Death -I was 4, Mom had no baby sitter. Lee would be what, 60 if he was still alive now?