Bruce Willis Comes Out Fighting for Iraq's GI Heroes

[i]ANGERED by negative portrayals of the conflict in Iraq, Bruce Willis, the Hollywood star, is to make a pro-war film in which American soldiers will be depicted as brave fighters for freedom and democracy.
It will be based on the exploits of the heavily decorated members of Deuce Four, the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry, which has spent the past year battling insurgents in the northern Iraqi town of Mosul.

Willis attended Deuce Four

Of course there is always this old argument to fall back on…

Rascal let me know it was too long and asked for a link but actually I don’t know where I found it originally so will just have to shorten it a bit. Sorry Rascal.

[quote]Elegant nonsense
By Victor Davis Hanson
July 16, 2005

Nearly 24 centuries ago, Plato warned not to confuse innate artistic skill with either education or intelligence. The philosopher worried the emotional bond we can forge with good actors might also allow these manipulative mimics too much influence in matters on which they are often ignorant.

Entertainers wrongly assume their fame, money and influence arise from broad knowledge rather than natural talent, looks or mastery of a narrow skill.

If retired actors and entertainers wish to become politicians – an old tradition, from the Empress Theodora to Ronald Reagan, Jesse Ventura and Arnold Schwarzenegger – let them run for office and endure a campaign and sustained cross-examination from voters. Otherwise their celebrity is used only as a gimmick to give credence to silly rants that if voiced by anyone else would never reach the light of day.

In this regard, we could learn again from the Greeks. They thought the playwrights Sophocles and Euripides were brilliant but not the mere mimics who performed their plays. [/quote]

Yiles!

Didn’t Willis get “post-traumatic stress disorder” from acting in that crap Tears of the Sun?

HG

“Hi! I’m Bruce Willis. I’m not a real soldier, but I play one on TV!”

Its funny to watch the comments on threads such as this one…you guys crack me up!.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :pray: :pray: :roflmao: :roflmao:

How about ya’ll visit here to learn something about “Deuce Four” and Bruce Willis…
read the entire scroll…

michaelyon.blogspot.com./

I’m sure the deuce four did what they had to (and then some), and I’m sure too Bruce did what he had to, but I’m serious, Willis reckons he got PTSD acting in Tears of the Sun. Can’t find the link - solly - but surely the soldiers could do better than a plug by Bulloose Willi?

HG

More comments on Bruce Willis movie…

michellemalkin.com/archives/003987.htm

Bruce better be happy he doesn’t actually have to FIGHT, as should you and me!

But at least this gives him a chance to wear off his annual beer-belly yet once again!

Way to go, Bruce!!! Love ya!