Bruces Kitchen

Anyone know if this place would be OK for non-vegetarians? A lot of the vegi places serve quite bland uninspiring food.
brucekitchen.com.tw/

I know it’s a strange question but my folks are coming for a day trip next Wednesday and I think they’ll want to spend as little time as possible in a car, and this place is quite close to home.

[quote=“StuartCa”]Anyone know if this place would be OK for non-vegetarians? A lot of the vegi places serve quite bland uninspiring food.
brucekitchen.com.tw/

I know it’s a strange question but my folks are coming for a day trip next Wednesday and I think they’ll want to spend as little time as possible in a car, and this place is quite close to home.[/quote]
I’m not a damn stinking veggie, what with their bloody lentil fetishes and all. But I go to Bruce’s quite frequently because I like their mushroom soup and their stone-oven thin-crust pizza, and my wife likes their fried rice. We mainly like the outdoor seating, though. And the fact that its a 2-minute drive from the house.
Its certainly very far from fine dining, but its a lovely place to spend an hour or two on a sunny (or rainy) day.

fishies by sandman1, on Flickr

engineers at work by sandman1, on Flickr

Little Drummer Boy by sandman1, on Flickr

cheers Sandy thats great. You don’t live on Liming Rd do ya?

Urgh! As IF! What do you take me for? Some kind of plebian? No, we’re in the next-door community to yours. Where the higher class of people reside. :wink:

I enjoyed it, although I can’t recall what we had. I do recall that someone’s kid threw a waded up napkin across the table right into my beer. :laughing:

indeed sandy. it’s good to rough it with the proles

Anyone been here lately? How is it?

Bruce’s Kitchen
No. 137, Chezi Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City, 231
02 8666 6181
https://goo.gl/maps/RuF3YCNBhAQ2

And the place behind?

Big5印度蔬食
No. 139, Chezi Road, Xindian District, New Taipei City, 231
02 8666 0098
https://goo.gl/maps/W93CDoXXM9T2