Bubble wrap / packing styrofoam peanuts

I need to find lots of bubble wrap. Can anyone help me??? I need a roll of it.

Thanks
T

Bubble wrap is cool, don’t know where to find it. Please post a map.

There are stores specializing in wrapping supplies. I think there’s one on the NW corner of the intersection of Bade and Jilong in Taipei. They probably have it.

When we need bubble wrap we took a little piece with us and hit up departments stores. Ask someone on the floor if they have some used stuff in the back. Alot of the stuff they sell in the store comes in bubble wrap and they just throw it away. Tell them you would like to take it away for free. We were able to get a lot doing it that way. Good luck!

Carlos

We just got it at the local hardware/junk store. Take a piece in to show what you are after.

Anyone know where you can pick up some bubblewrap in Taipei city for shipping stuff overseas?

You’re a teacher, aren’t you? Your school should have plenty of bubble wrap - if not, just take it next time they order new books.

Alternatively, try the post office, or a courier service.

[color=green][i]Hi hot fudge, please remember to do a search in WCIF before posting a new topic – most basic things like this already have an existing thread. :wink: I’ll merge this for you.

DB, WCIF Moderator[/i][/color]

thanks dragon bones i did a search for “bubblewrap” as one word and a thread from Taichung came up, thanks again.

cheers

No prob. It often takes a couple searches, like ‘bubblewrap’ and ‘bubble wrap’. :idunno: And not everyone thinks of that kind of thing. Anyway, check out the recycling ideas earlier in the thread. If you can reuse stuff that stores are going to throw away, it’s better for the environment, right? :slight_smile:

gypmy2004.com/sdp/221548/4/p … normal_img

this is a factory located in Taoyuan, hope this would be helpful to you.
maybe you can find some direction from them if they don’t carry direct sale.

There are a number of stores on Changan West Rd. (長安) in the hòuchēzhàn “Back of the Train Station” neighborhood (後車站) that specialize in plastic wrapping and packing materials including many kinds of bubble wrap. Bubble wrap is pao4pao4mo2 (泡泡膜).

I’m not sure where’s your location. But I think you can get some bubble wrap from those shops for design school students. And I’m sure these shops will be around schools where they have art, design, or architecture department. Hope it’s helpful!

Anyone know if this store is still there??

Packing up your instruments?

It’s still there.

We are leaving at the end of May. Most of my instruments I don’t really trust to send with shipping, but we need to pack up our 3 sofa chairs and our 42" widescreen TV.

I would like to see if they have any of the “Peanut” shaped styrofoam for my guitars though. I will have to put the Martin underneath, but I am going to try and get the Kohno onto the plane. We will see, but it would be good to have both guitars packed properly for air transport.

Do you happen to have an address for the store??

No, but it’s on the NW corner of a major intersection, very easy to find.

Also, based on Dragonbabe’s online searching there is a company selling biodegradable foam peanuts here.
(台北市文山區興隆路二段153巷6弄9號B1-5
Wenshan District Xinglong Rd. Sec. 2 Lane 153 Alley 6 NO.9 B1-5
Bus station: Dunnan Dadi 敦南大地)

[quote=“Noel”]We are leaving at the end of May. Most of my instruments I don’t really trust to send with shipping, but we need to pack up our 3 sofa chairs and our 42" widescreen TV.

I would like to see if they have any of the “Peanut” shaped styrofoam for my guitars though. I will have to put the Martin underneath, but I am going to try and get the Kohno onto the plane. We will see, but it would be good to have both guitars packed properly for air transport.

Do you happen to have an address for the store??[/quote]

Hello,
Here is a handy link for you.
All you may need for the moving packing is all there.
All you have to do is decide what you need, either order on-line or phone them, then pick up by yourself or ask them to deliver to you:)
Forgot to mention, hope you can read Chinese tho…
27666666.com.tw/index.php?cP … 29a16eedd2