Bubonic plagued mice go missing

Read the site below for the full story.

cnn.com/2005/US/09/15/missin … index.html

[quote]Three mice infected with the bacteria responsible for bubonic plague apparently disappeared from a laboratory about two weeks ago, and authorities launched a search though health experts said there was scant public risk.

The mice were unaccounted-for at the Public Health Research Institute, which is on the campus of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and conducts bioterrorism research for the federal government.[/quote]

Now looking at that again I’m not sure if the mice had the plague for tests for or against bioterrorism or whether they were being used for possible cure tests.

Apparently they made it all the way to Denver. :stuck_out_tongue:

A Denver Zoo monkey has died of bubonic plague

:astonished: Can we all panic now? :runaway:

This link doesn’t work. :frowning:

The cat ate them … look for the cat!

It must be the Iranians!

It doesn’t work because the link is old, from 2005. ( edit: The CNN link is from 2005.)

My link works (the one I posted today).

Lots of rats with plague in many parts of the world including California.

Plague doesn’t have the same effect as it used to mainly because of better public sanitation, housing etc.

Pneumonic plague is what bio-terrorists prefer. Spreads through the air like flu or a cold unlike bubonic which is carried by rat fleas etc.

[quote]Lots of rats with plague in many parts of the world including California.

Plague doesn’t have the same effect as it used to mainly because of better public sanitation, housing etc. [/quote]

So we got lucky this time. I just hope when it comes to real horrors like ebola the bio-boys’ containment measures are a damn sight better than whatever happened in this instance.