Buffet + Gates =

Gobsmacked.

link

Hmm, he’s not giving it all away and I think he owns a few planes and some other cool stuff.

Awesome!

:notworthy: :rainbow:

I guess these multi-multi billionares are finding out that even they can’t spend that much money on creature comforts. Of course, they’re not going to the poor house, either, and neither will thier families. I’m really impressed with this trend. I wonder if all that is tax-deductable?:stuck_out_tongue:

As much as I dislike Bill Gates’ product, you cannot argue with what he has done with his wealth. And now Buffett is giving most of his loot to the same foundation - this can only be a good thing. Doubling that fund to around $80bn gives Gates massive clout - let’s hope he can use that to ensure that aid goes where it’s really needed.

Parrothead/Bread Reunion Tour???

Interesting to hear some of the posters responses to a man giving away 44 billion dollars. Saw a related link the other day in the Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,23729-2236944,00.html

[quote=“ralphy”]Interesting to hear some of the posters responses to a man giving away 44 billion dollars. Saw a related link the other day in the Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,23729-2236944,00.html[/quote]

Fantastic article, thanks for posting!

Why do I get the feeling he had the curled upper lip when typing that dry ass response.

Ralphy, not at all I thought it was very well written and made some valid points.

Rough quote from John Stewart on the Daily Show:

“You realize what this means…Warren Buffet is so rich, he had to hire Bill Gates to spend his money for him.”[/i][/b]

Charlie Rose, if you’re not familiar him, serves up probably the best interview program on television. Interviews are often a full hour. Google video is making his shows available online, for a price, except that the day after a broadcast, they’re free.

This week, Rose is doing a three part series on Warren Buffett. The first part is available here: Buffet on Charlie Rose: Part One