Building a PC

Hey everyone!

I want to build my own PC here in Taiwan. I have most of the parts already, but I would like to buy a few additional parts and have someone put it together for me. Does anyone have experience doing this? I am thinking about just going to Guanghua Digital Plaza and sniffing around for someone to do it in a day. All thoughts/comments are welcome!

There are places over there that specialize in this. I like ę…¶č²č³‡č؊ at 60 Bade Road Sec 1.

1 Like

Iā€™ll do it for $1000. Cables managed and everything. Iā€™ll make it look beautiful.

Nice to know u folks still build your own PC :grinning:. Kinda nostalgaic, I used to do it in the *386/486/pentium days, but tech has moved too fast that my comps in these past years were regrettably, all bought off-the-shelf.

Thanks for the offer! But I donā€™t even have all the parts and wires yet, and Iā€™m looking at getting it done today or tomorrow haha

Thank you tempogain! Iā€™ll check it out! :smiley:

I can do that for you if you are in Kaohsiung, bring parts and beer :stuck_out_tongue:
What other parts are you looking for? Let me know and I can source the stuff for you.
Been building PCā€™s for years, even before i became a system engineer, still remember my first mighty p3 1ghtz :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you in Taipei?

Can check out this thread for some info

Yes, this is one of the places I use aswell, order and pickup, or walk in if they have parts in stock.

https://www.coolpc.com.tw/evaluate.php

I believe coolpc does not charge you for putting together the PC if you bought the parts from them.

Not sure if you have 70% of the parts already and only buy 30% from them though.

As Danielw and ranlee mentioned, you can get all parts from coolpc and they will put it together for free. Also, I have shopped around and, as of 2019, coolpc seems to have best prices. Itā€™s a store on Bade Road. There is also another store across that street, http://nt66mobile.com.tw/ , that has about same prices. (actually that store has 2 sites, just 3 shops between each other).

Best prices are on the street. Donā€™t waste time in the building if you are building a pc.

Coolpc is everywhere over there

32%20AM

Thank you Detective Holmes

Question for those in the know.

Pricewise, how does buying a desktop in Taiwan compare to importing a laptop, (as we know local laptops are a rip off) spec for spec?

From past history on the forums here and personal experience, Amazon/Newegg retail stores in the EU/US will have better discounts on laptops.

Sometimes, not often, sometimes even parts overseas are cheaper.

Nonetheless, how I see it, itā€™s convenience youā€™re buying unless itā€™s like a USD100+ difference.

I only speak for Ontario. I find that nominally, parts from major vendors are the sameā€¦on the surface or slightly cheaper in Taiwan on average. The real deal is if you come from a high tax area. Ontario is 13%, 5% GST and 8% PST. What I find is that while the sticker price is the ā€œsameā€, Taiwan is tax in whereas Ontario adds the tax when you check out, so I end up saving around 13-15%. Many other jurisdictions across North America are like this. In the US, I found that cities also levy their own sales taxā€¦so your mileage may vary.

Newton is a great place to get computer components. On Bade Rd in the Guanghua Market area. Across from the Burger King, to the right of the Fujitsu shop.

Cool PC service is super lame. I walked up and down the streets to find the perfect shop to build the computer for me. Some shops had what I needed, others didnā€™t. Ending up buying and returning some things. Ultimately, had the PC built and it runs super well!

If you can, you should put it together yourself. It will make it way more convibient in the future to replace and upgrade parts. If its your firstbtime doing it, there ste olenty of videos to guide you.