Bull sharks and jellyfish spotted near Kenting beaches

Does anyone know what these jellyfish are, and what to do when stung? We had several of those last weekend when surfing off Daxi in Yilan on the east coast…

[quote=“Maoman”]So far so good! The local surfers say the bull shark thing is just a media scare. They say it was ONE shark caught in a fisherman’s net miles off the west coast. :idunno: At any given moment there are surfers in the water here, so I trust their judgment. No jellyfish stings yet, but some amazing phosphorescence at night (but that might have been the beers)

Amazing waves right now. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Good to see someone is enjoying the summer holidays! In Kenting now and then camping next weekend… Nice! Some of us actually have to work ya know. :wink:

[quote=“Maoman”]So far so good! The [color=#FF0000]local surfers[/color] say the bull shark thing is just a media scare. They say it was ONE shark caught in a fisherman’s net miles off the west coast. :idunno: At any given moment there are surfers in the water here, so I trust their judgment. No jellyfish stings yet, but some amazing phosphorescence at night (but that might have been the beers)

Amazing waves right now. :slight_smile:[/quote]
Always a dearth of knowledge on local conditions. Good news, that.

[quote=“olm”]Does anyone know what these jellyfish are, and what to do when stung? We had several of those last weekend when surfing off Daxi in Yilan on the east coast…

[/quote]

Dude, that’s not a jellyfish, it’s a used condom. I’ve seen them floating in the surf before too, but I never picked one up.

Gee thanks! Good thing we heeded the local surfers’ advice to BBQ it before eating, and didn’t eat it raw as sashimi :stuck_out_tongue:

A blond girl goes swimming at Kenting…

Camera switches underwater, looking at the girl from the bottom of the ocean, Jaws music plays.

The girl swims, oblivious to what is about to happen.

The camera switches underwater again, only this time the camera zooms in on the girl, Jaws music plays again

The girl ducks under water, then resurfaces again and gets thrown around by the shark, Jaws music plays really fast.

The girl screams for help, but no one was there, and she clings to a buoy then becomes shark food.

The girl was found days later by shocked fisherman

Some years ago a young boy was believed taken by a big shark
Near kenting

Witnesses saw the shark
Don’t think the body was recovered

They are out there
And bull sharks are just as mean as great whites

Shark attacked a surfer at a Santa
Cruz beach today and killed
Him on the spot

A person flying a drone said he spotted
Some great