Bunny Listens to the Music?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard of or been to the restaurant on QingTian St., called Bunny Listens to the Music? (I think it’s close by the GuTing MRT stop)

A friend of mine happened across it the other day and mentioned that it looked interesting. Apparently, it serves Mediterranean/Italian food… but no one I know seems to have tried out the place before. I get a lot of “what’s that?” questions in regards to the name of the restaurant whenever I ask around though!

Anyhow, if anyone knows of the place or has given it a try before, I would appreciate a little info, review, and whatever other comments. Thank you! :slight_smile:

Been by it many times. If I recall it’s 兔子聽音樂 in Chinese. The sign always made me smile but I never did go in.

I guess their English and Chinese names are direct translations of each other. I wonder if there’s a special meaning behind it. It’s such an odd name after all.

Thanks for your input- may I ask if you usually see a lot of diners there henever you walk by? My friend mentioned that the atmosphere seemed nice and cozy, but I’m wondering if it’s worth the trip to head on over to give it a try.

Sure, it’s worth a visit. It’s a bit on the expensive side, but I like the food there. They have set meals for lunch, and the dinner menu is a bit more expensive. I also think there might be an afternoon tea deal, so that might be what you’re after if you just want to check out the place first.

There’s a patio with a table or two (on a wooden deck) beneath an old tree, if you want to sit outside, and many of the tables are next to large windows that look out on the small lane (kind of a cafe feel).

The owner also has an excellent bakery nearby, and many of these breads are served in the restaurant.

You can ask (if you go there): but I think the name came from the original owner–who was a music producer here in Taiwan.

Let us know what you think–and if you don’t like it or take a look at the menu and decide you don’t want to eat there, then you’re still close to Yongkang Jie and all the good restaurants there, or even Shida and the restaurants there.

Too much money for too little food that’s mediocre at best. But if you’re into '70s decor, you’ll appreciate the retro furniture and decoration.

Like fee said, there’re many better restaurants in the nearby Yongkang Jie area. For similar fare, go for the Italian Job or even Cello pasta, but if you’re looking for a quiet place to chat with a date and don’t mind the portion size, then be a bunny and go listen to some music.

Thanks fee & Incubus for the additional info and for sharing your experience at Bunny. It seems you both agree on one thing at least… and that it’s a bit expensive. May I ask how expensive we’re talking about here (an estimate, maybe)?

If the price doesn’t sound too bad for me, I may drop in and give it a try after all- if only to satisfy my curiosity!

[quote=“colorwalk”]Thanks fee & Incubus for the additional info and for sharing your experience at Bunny. It seems you both agree on one thing at least… and that it’s a bit expensive. May I ask how expensive we’re talking about here (an estimate, maybe)?

If the price doesn’t sound too bad for me, I may drop in and give it a try after all- if only to satisfy my curiosity![/quote]

For the set lunch meals, probably NT$300-500. You get a soup/salad, main dish from a fixed list of about five choices, and maybe a little dessert and a coffee/tea.

Believe it or not, I once had a really nice “mac and cheese” for lunch there. It was great–four cheeses, very creamy. There’s usually a chicken dish and some kind of fish or seafood as well.

Dinner is much more expensive. In fact, it might even be a different menu. I’m thinking NT$500-800 for an entee. Wine and beer are available, as well. (I’ve never been to Bunny’s for dinner). :wink:

If you don’t want to spend too much, why not go there for lunch, or afternoon tea. I think it’s from 2 to 5 p.m. (or so), after the lunch rush. You can check out the atmosphere, and just order some tea, coffee, or cake.

They do have Belgian beers available–the usual suspects, Duvel, Chimay, and some fruit beers. Might be a “happy hour” deal of some sort, but I’m not sure.

And be sure to try to the related bakery nearby (same owner)–Boite de Bijou.

Patisserie Boite de bijou 珠寶盒法式點心坊

Address: 19-1, Ln 33, Lishui St, Taipei (台北市麗水街33巷19號之1)
Telephone: (02) 3322-2461
Open:10am to 9pm

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003338712

Have fun, and happy eating!